FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ghost audio

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Sacci
Ghost audio
on Nov 15, 2017 at 6:48:32 pm

I had a project that was audio only and I edited in Premiere. (find it easy than any audio tool I have tried)

There was a base clip that had short clips of audio replaced through out the timeline. So after the first edit I would duplicate the timeline and make the next set of replacement.

On a couple of timelines the old audio was retained and almost like it was embedded into the timeline. So if I did a match from from the timeline it would pull up the new audio but it would play the old. (all the replacement audio was on a2) even if I delete the clip the old audio would play. If I put the new clip on a1 I could here both clips of audio. I fixed it simply by moving all the clips down the timeline. It only did this 2 times out of a hundred. For this edit it was easy to move everything done but I would like to know if anyone else has experiences this and if there was a real fix to this.

I'm using the newest version of Premiere 12.0
Running Windows 10

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Ghost audio
on Nov 15, 2017 at 7:40:22 pm

I use a single timeline for this -- base audio track, other clips for other versions on different tracks. Then just turn mute or un-mute as necessary for export.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Ghost audio
on Nov 15, 2017 at 8:04:03 pm

Would not work since timing changes slightly. Plus I don’t see the benefit of doing it this way. I would have 101 audio tracks vs 100 neat sequences

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]