FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to Export a Movie

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Tanner
How to Export a Movie
on Nov 14, 2017 at 1:04:40 pm

I just started to edit on Premiere and I can't figure out how to export a video I made without long export times.
I've been editing on Final Cut Pro 7 for many years and once I rendered different files within Final Cut, the export would take a few minutes.
In my Premiere sequence, the video files have been rendered, but the export time is over an hour.

Thanks in advance,
Bob

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
Re: How to Export a Movie
on Nov 14, 2017 at 8:59:46 pm

There is a check box in your Export Settings that you can check to Use Previews if you have them rendered. I don't use it, but you might want to give it a shot.
TC

Return to posts index

Joe Barta IV
on Nov 14, 2017 at 9:00:37 pm

Select "Use Previews" in the export settings, that should help a bit.
Also, turn off "Maximum Render Quality".

Joe

Living the SuiteLife!
Stuff for editors http://www.cafepress.com/suitelife

http://www.facebook.com/pages/SuiteLife/1524456414462851?ref=hl

Return to posts index

Ann Bens
on Nov 14, 2017 at 11:31:57 pm
Last Edited By Ann Bens on Nov 14, 2017 at 11:34:18 pm

Use Previews is only usefull when preview codec is the same as output codec, otherwise low quality files will be used.
E.g. if your preview codec is I frame only mpeg you dont want to use the Preview option.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS2/CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Nov 15, 2017 at 3:19:44 pm

Not a Mac user, but my understanding of using FCP is that the source files, and rendered files, would usually all be QuickTime, so when you would "export" it was really just stitching those existing .mov files together into one file, so not really rendering much of anything.

With Premiere, you could have a variety of source formats since it will edit most anything natively. So you might have AVCHD source material, then you export to say H.264 and every frame has to be created from scratch using the new codec. Even if you had rendered the timeline to green, those are just temp "preview" files and even if you check the box for "Use Previews" those are still getting re-rendered. The only benefit being that the export might go quicker if complex effects had already been pre-rendered that way (but I don't recommend User Previews since it adds another layer of compression/extra generation of loss).

In general, I do NOT render any part of the timeline, red or not. If I can play/preview the timeline, I'm happy. Then I export and the original source at that point is transcoded directly to the delivery format.

https://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/red-yellow-and-green-render-bars/

So really, Premiere uses a much different workflow than FCP. You don't need to transcode sources before editing, and you don't need to render the timeline. Edit your raw material, then export to whatever.

We don't know what you are editing, what effects might be applied, the duration of the video, format being exported to, your computer specs, etc. - so hard to say if an hour is a reasonable export time or not.

If you'd like to share any of that info, including a screen grab of Export Settings, that may be very helpful in providing tips to help improve your workflow.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]