FORUMS: list search recent posts

Direct export vrs Queue

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Krueger
Direct export vrs Queue
on Nov 11, 2017 at 1:46:45 am

Today I exported a 30 minute HD video using direct export with media encoder. It took about 45 minutes. I later made some changes and set up a queue export for two sequences... the rendering time for those same sequences has taken about 4 hours!!!! Does anybody know why this is happening? Am I doing something wrong?

Return to posts index

Brent Marginet
Re: Direct export vrs Queue
on Nov 11, 2017 at 2:04:08 pm

Check your Mercury Playback Engine settings.
It should be set to CUDA for an NVIDIA GPU and OPENCL for an AMD GPU.
One of them may be set to Software Only.

"MY MEDIA/PROJECT MOTTO: If you think three copies of your Media or Projects are enough. Take a moment to place a value on them and then maybe add two more.
Hard Drives are now stupidly cheap. A RE-SHOOT AND YOUR TIME AREN'T."

Return to posts index

Ann Foo
on Nov 14, 2017 at 5:12:05 am

This makes perfect sense... the point of Queue is that it enables you to keep editing while rendering a sequence in the background. But it is probably allocating more RAM and processing power to editing functions rather than background render, so obviously the render will take longer than if you direct export. So the rule of thumb, if you want to prioritise your export, use Direct export. If you want to keep working, use Queue, but know that it will add time onto your render.

You can also Preferences - Memory and Optimise Render for 'Memory' instead of 'Performance'. But switch it back to 'Performance' for editing.

Return to posts index

Mark Krueger
on Nov 14, 2017 at 12:07:32 pm

Thanks so much for clarifying this situation!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]