FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing (and organizing!) MFX files

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Elizabeth Johnson
Importing (and organizing!) MFX files
on Nov 9, 2017 at 10:10:09 pm

Hi all,

I'm a bit perplexed with this MXF file structure for the Canon C300 and Sony FS7, wherein there are individual folders for each and every clip. In this format, it seems impossible for me to just view all the clips as a thumbnail or scroll through or do a batch import of all the clips. Hopefully that's not the case? I want to be able to scroll through the MXF files without having to open up each individual folder, and import them into Premiere as a group instead of opening up every folder and dragging them in.

Frustrated bc I'm sure there's a way. What am I missing?
Thanks!

Life is worth living.

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
Re: Importing (and organizing!) MFX files
on Nov 9, 2017 at 11:08:00 pm

Import into PPro using the Media Browser within PPro. That should solve your problem.
Copy all folders from card over to your hard drive, open PPro, go to Media Browser, then locate your drive and main folder. Drag all your video files to a Bin from Media Browser.
TC

Return to posts index

Jon Doughtie
on Nov 10, 2017 at 3:30:05 pm

What Todd said.

Using Premiere Pro's Media Browser should become a habit, not merely an option, with file-based media.

Copy over the entire file structure onto your video drives. I place it within a folder structure I use for each project. If I have multiple "cards" of video, I make a "Card 1", Card 2" folder, and so on.

Media Browser is pretty smart; it knows the file structure of the vast majority of camera makers. It will automatically sift through that and give you easy access to your media.

It beats working for a living!

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2017.1 (as of 8/2017)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from UHD MP4, HD MP4, and HD P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

Paul Neumann
on Nov 13, 2017 at 2:33:34 am

Media Browser at the very least.

I recommend and prefer Prelude. Make the copies, the transcodes, the proxies all at once with custom renaming and numbering and selects.

Return to posts index

greg janza
on Nov 13, 2017 at 6:12:12 pm

I work with FS7 footage a lot and so I'd also advocate for using the media browser. And in addition, I'd advise that you don't change the naming conventions of any of the files. This workflow has so far resulted in zero issues with these mxf files linking or relinking on any project.

I Hate Television. I Hate It As Much As Peanuts. But I Can’t Stop Eating Peanuts.
- Orson Welles

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]