FORUMS: list search recent posts

Surround sound + stereo sequences / outputs

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brendan Nagle
Surround sound + stereo sequences / outputs
on Nov 8, 2017 at 9:01:15 pm

Hey Gang,

At work we recently started doing surround on our commercial tagging (channels 1-6). The added stereo is always 7+8, then it gets separated per broadcast at the distribution level (out of house). We've been developing our internal workflow with assets received from client, but sometimes I want to go into the surround sequence and replace a track (LFE in this case) but I don't know an easy way to do it, as in directly within the single track of 5.1... so to do so I need to remap audio tracks onto 8 monos, switch it out, then remap back using multiple sequences. Problem is, now even when I remap the sequences back to surround and stereo (we duplicate, reassign, then drop onto a new sequence preset for a 5.1 and stereo, 2 total tracks)... the exports are still 8 monos.

Any idea how to make these back into 2-track, 5.1 and stereo? Additionally, is there a way to extract / replace / modify a surround channel by pulling it from that nice concise single track, without having to remap and rebuild on subsequences?

Many thanks!!!

- Brendan

Brendan Nagle
Filmmaker / Journalist / Actor
http://www.TheBrendanNagle.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]