FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere Pro randomizes audio channels

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ed Akselrud
Premiere Pro randomizes audio channels
on Nov 7, 2017 at 10:48:07 pm

Hello,

I am having a problem importing MXF footage from Avid into Premiere. It works fine, except for the fact that the order of the audio channels gets messed up and doesn't match the original arrangement. We normally bring in the footage by exporting an AAF sequence from Avid (just to avoid some migration bugs), but even if I drag the MXF files right into Premiere, this happens as well upon merging them into a single clip.

We finish our projects in Avid but this has been causing problems because when we migrate our edited sequence back to Media Composer, the channels no longer match up, so any audio clips we used are now something else. For example, say dialogue is set to Channel 1 in the footage, but it ends up on Channel 4 in Premiere. We use this channel to edit in dialogue. But back in MC, the audio is whatever was originally on Channel 4, let's say some background room tone.

I tried messing around with the modify audio channel settings but that only seems to let me choose which tracks get populated with which channels. We have a lot of footage going through, many of which have 12 channel splits so even if there was a reliable way to manually fix this it would probably be time consuming. Is there any way it may be possible to import the footage with the correct channel arrangement?

Thanks a lot.
Ed

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]