FORUMS: list search recent posts

File paths for Essential Graphics templates

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Dean
File paths for Essential Graphics templates
on Nov 2, 2017 at 9:43:13 pm

Hello - I was trying to send our post-production house copies of the end title templates that I created with Essential Graphics so they could build them to match mine. In the EG panel, each one I created has a path to where it's supposed to be on my Mac. It went "David (my username) / Library / Application Support / Adobe / Common / Essential Graphics / [the specific card]". But when I go into Finder to locate them to copy, I discover that there IS no "Library" under my username...

Now, there IS a "Library" under the Mac HD heading, and there IS an Application Support / Adobe / Common, but no Essential Graphics beyond that. And it's not the path where Premiere is telling me to look. What's more, if I just search the entire computer for .mogrt files, the ones I've named when I've created them in EG aren't found.

Does anyone have any idea where these templates might actually be? And this has happened to me before regarding the cache - the app was telling me that cache files were also in the David / Library thread, and I couldn't actually locate them. (Incidentally, I've solved this for the post house by renaming the templates and NOT storing them in "Essential Graphics," wherever that is, but rather a folder on my desktop, so this isn't urgent - but it IS baffling.) Thanks, everyone...

Return to posts index

Jamie Pickell
Re: File paths for Essential Graphics templates
on Nov 2, 2017 at 9:53:23 pm

In order to see the Library folder under your username, make the Finder the active window and then hold down the option key and select Go from the Menu bar and you will see Library in the list.

Jamie

Return to posts index

David Dean
Re: File paths for Essential Graphics templates
on Nov 3, 2017 at 12:29:50 am

Holy crow, that's GREAT! I would never, ever, ever have known that! Thank you so much, Jamie!

David

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]