FORUMS: list search recent posts

Voice over recording isn't working - any clues, anyone?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jarrick Harris
Voice over recording isn't working - any clues, anyone?
on Oct 28, 2017 at 8:28:23 pm

Hi all,

I'm just trying to add a voiceover track but it's just not recording.

The mic (plugged into my asus xonar dx soundcard) is selected on my pc windows 7(have tested with voice recorder and can see the input levels rising and falling in control panel).
I've set the same mic input for premiere pro cc, in preferences.
I've added the voice over record button and the "enable track for recording" button to the audio tracks in the timeline.
I toggled the track targeting to record on the track I selected.

when I right click on the voiceover button and bring up the voiceover record settings window, it shows the correct mic input and it shows the mic levels going up and down when I speak.

in the Audio track mixer panel, when I click the "enable track for recording" button and speak into the mic, the levels show that there is mic input and it is loud enough.

but once I've stopped the recording, it just hasn't recorded anything. There's nothing to hear on playback, no sound waves on the timeline and no wav file added to the project.

I've tried adding a new track and recording to that instead but it makes no difference.

Can anyone suggest what I'm missing here? It's bound to be something simple.

Return to posts index

andy patterson
Re: Voice over recording isn't working - any clues, anyone?
on Oct 29, 2017 at 12:51:22 am

I just use the track mixer and select a track to record to. You have to select a mic input for the correct track/channel and enable recording for that channel/track. You then have to enable the red master record button in the track mixer and hit play. Under the program monitor it will say "recording". If it does not say "recording" something is wrong.

Return to posts index

Jarrick Harris
Re: Voice over recording isn't working - any clues, anyone?
on Oct 29, 2017 at 10:33:06 am

Yes I've tried it as you have described and it states "Recording" but still nothing is recorded.

However, I just went into Audio Hardware in the Preferences and noticed that the Default Input, Default Output and Master Clock show:
Microphone (ASUS Xonar DX Audio Device)(Not Working)
Speakers (ASUS Xonar DX Audio Device)(Not Working)
Out: Speakers (ASUS Xonar DX Audio Device)(Not Working)

Which is strange considering it works with other devices - I've just tested it out in Audition and it works fine.

I've just created a new project in Premiere and voiceover is recording fine, so it looks like it's an error somewhere in that particular project.

Here's the solution: To Save As in a different name/location doesn't make any difference. What did work is to select the clips on the time line and press Control C to copy. Then close the project, open up a new one and Control V to paste all the clips into the new timeline. This seems to have solved it, whatever the problem was.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]