FORUMS: list search recent posts

Monitors for editing recommendations

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Suzin Daly
Monitors for editing recommendations
on Oct 27, 2017 at 5:14:24 pm

I wasn't sure where to put this question. I am using Adobe Premiere on a PC. I really would like to replace my monitors. Would like recommendations - I have an acer which for colour correction is actually not to bad. But the other monitor is awful. I'm a little reluctant to move to 4K [which my partner is pushing for] because the one person who has a 4K laptop ran into very small fonts took her two plus weeks to figure out how to fix it. I am technically challenged. I'm reluctant unless I understand how to fix the issue. [I admit it, I'm a coward] Best Suzin

Return to posts index

Brent Marginet
Re: Monitors for editing recommendations
on Oct 30, 2017 at 3:35:59 pm

This type of post is ever so common.

Computer Monitors should really never be used for Colour Correction.
Something like an AJA or a Decklink Card should be your output to a proper REC-709 Monitor.
Sending the output to a good TV Via HDMI would be better than a Computer Monitor but even HDMI should be avoided.
Lastly there are a lot of really poor 4K Computer Monitors out there and unless you want to spend a lot of coin on a pair you may not get very good results. Especially when it come to Colour.

"MY MEDIA/PROJECT MOTTO: If you think three copies of your Media or Projects are enough. Take a moment to place a value on them and then maybe add two more.
Hard Drives are now stupidly cheap. A RE-SHOOT AND YOUR TIME AREN'T."

Return to posts index

Suzin Daly
on Oct 30, 2017 at 3:53:54 pm

Thank you for taking the time to respond. You have given me enough information to start looking with new food for thought. I am not a professional, I do just enough independent editing to want to do a good a job as possible, if just for myself. So thanks again for taking the time. Best Suzin

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Oct 30, 2017 at 4:34:30 pm

it all depends on what quality level you need. you can get a 50 in lcd TV from samsung that has better colors than many computer monitors. or go full broadcast quality with decklink 4k to broadcast quality monitors which costs many thousands of dollars.

Return to posts index

Suzin Daly
on Oct 30, 2017 at 4:58:35 pm

I'm not a professional, working with local filmmakers. One of the monitor is not useable for anything editing at all. Everything is done on an inexpensive Acer which actually not bad to my surprise. I am willing to invest in something a little better so I can use both monitors give myself more real estate, especially for the timeline. Not thought about TV. Your suggests and the one before are giving me at least something to start with for investigating.
Thanks for taking the time to respond...Sz

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]