FORUMS: list search recent posts

35mm Film PP workflow

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Orion McCaw
35mm Film PP workflow
on Oct 26, 2017 at 11:12:17 pm

Hey, I'm cutting a 35mm short independent film in Premiere and since I've never worked with film before and I'm much more familiar with using Avid MC I was wondering if any veterans could give me a hand with my workflow.

Currently the film has been scanned to 4K masters which I've transcoded down to 1080 as to not bog down my machine too much. What I was hoping to do is import the transcodes break them up into subclips labeled as their scene and take numbers, then import the audio and merge each audio file by in point (syncing the audio spike to the visual of the slate). Then when the edit is locked, offline all the transcodes then relink them to the 4k masters.

I tried to do a test run of this and I was able to relink everything except for the merged clips. the subclips would relink fine but when I tried to relink the merged clip it didn't seem to work. Is there another way to do this or a better way to do this?

on a separate note: Currently there are no plans to finish the film on 35 but if there's something specific I should know during the post process as to not rule this option out I would love to hear it.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: 35mm Film PP workflow
on Oct 27, 2017 at 8:29:34 am

What color profile were they scanned at? As premiere only supports srgb. Merged clips have to be rendered out.
Premiere can do automatic proxies.

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: 35mm Film PP workflow
on Oct 27, 2017 at 2:47:44 pm

[Chris Wright] "As premiere only supports srgb. "

Uhhhh... What are you even talking about?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]