FORUMS: list search recent posts

Open an 9 year old Verbatim BD-R Blu Ray disc for recovery of image data ?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Dix
Open an 9 year old Verbatim BD-R Blu Ray disc for recovery of image data ?
on Oct 25, 2017 at 7:17:29 pm
Last Edited By Bob Dix on Oct 25, 2017 at 8:06:58 pm

I have a Blue Ray disc that will play on a Sony BD-R player to a Sony Bravia Monitor but, I cannot open the disc on the computer for the recovery of photos and video data.

How do I play the disc on the computer ? The disc is not recognised by the same computer ?

It was authored in Encore back in 2008 from a Premiere Pro CS 5.5.2 Project .

If all else fails I will get Evolution Studios, close handy to run a check on this disc.

Bob Dix Photographer
Freelance Imaging & Video
AUSTRALIA

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: Open an 9 year old Verbatim BD-R Blu Ray disc for recovery of image data ?
on Oct 25, 2017 at 8:18:29 pm

You have a Blu-ray drive in the computer for certain, and not just DVD-capable? If so, no reason Windows Explorer should not allow you to see the files and folders on the disc. You've already shown the data is there by playing on another unit.

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Bob Dix
on Oct 25, 2017 at 11:18:30 pm

Jeff,

Yes it is , and the 2x Blu-ray (BD-RE) Drive is in the computers and have been working fine on other projects. The Sony Blue-Ray Player does play the disc to the Sony Bravia 55" with no problem ?

"no reason Windows Explorer should not allow you to see the files and folders on the disc. You've already shown the data is there by playing on another unit."

I agree but, it does not recognise this disc ???

Thanks

Bob Dix Photographer
AUSTRALIA

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
on Oct 26, 2017 at 4:06:05 pm

Interesting. I have a Blu-ray drive that will sometimes not recognize DVDs. I've never needed it bad enough to really investigate too far, but sounds like you do. I think it is more of a drive issue than a windows issue. But some things to try:

Have you checked for updated firmware for the drive?
Temporarily disable your A/V software and try reading the disk.
With the A/V disabled, power down the computer, turning off the PSU for a minute, then back on.

TC

Return to posts index

Bob Dix
on Oct 26, 2017 at 10:13:49 pm

Todd,
I'll check all that when I get the disc back from Evolution Studios , but, it initially did not work on their computers either ?

Bob Dix Photographer
AUSTRALIA

Return to posts index

Bob Dix
on Oct 26, 2017 at 11:07:01 pm

Todd,
I'll check all that when I get the disc back from Evolution Studios , but, it initially did not work on their computers either ?

"Evolution tells me the disc was not finalized in Encore properly which could be right in the early days, so they are going to take a copy from the disc out of the blue- ray player and finalize it so I will then be able to extract the data I want."

Bob Dix Photographer
AUSTRALIA

Return to posts index

Bob Dix
on Nov 1, 2017 at 3:51:26 am

Just for the record ,Evolution Studios said they could do it for $200 which was out of the question, so I just copied the video off The Sony Bravia when playing on the Sony Blu-Ray, the result was more than favourable when imported into CS 5.5.2 and I could extract the data I required.

Bob Dix Photographer
AUSTRALIA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]