FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rendering that never ends - Adobe Premiere CS6

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Amar Salgia
Rendering that never ends - Adobe Premiere CS6
on Oct 25, 2017 at 5:55:39 am

Hello Everyone,

I am editing a project in Adobe Premiere CS6 on a PC running Windows 7.

The videos that I am editing are all 4K in MP4 format.

When I try to render a single clip, the render never ends. The rendering stgarts by
saying "Rendering 1 of 1 Video Previews". When it gets to the end of the clip, it does not
stop, but instead starts over again and says "Rendering 2 of 2 Video Previews". Then
when that stops, it starts over again and says "Rendering 3 of 3 Video Previews". This
is clearly a malfunction and very unusual. I have been using Premier CS6 for a long time
and have not had this problem before. I have tried restarting the computer and the problem persists

I cannot render anything at this point. I would greatly appreciate any solutions that you might have.

Thanks very much.

A.S.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Rendering that never ends - Adobe Premiere CS6
on Oct 25, 2017 at 1:47:04 pm

I suspect the footage is the cause. I also suspect this may be the first time you are using 4K mp4 footage. I recommend transcoding the footage to something more PP-friendly. CS6-friendly, that is. 4K mp4 was NOT widely available when CS6 was released.

However, since we know little of your computer's hardware, it may also be due to insufficient memory.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Amar Salgia
on Oct 25, 2017 at 2:55:46 pm

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your reply.

I have been editing 4K MP4 footage for over 2 years now using the same hardware and setup, and this is the first time there has been a problem like this.

My computer has 12 GB of RAM and the Intel Core i7 CPU.

Any further insight into this problem is greatly appreciated!

A.S.

Return to posts index

greg janza
on Oct 25, 2017 at 3:13:17 pm

Impressive that you've been able to use that workflow without issue since you are seriously lacking in RAM. I work with a lot of 4k footage and Premiere consistently uses around 30 gigs of RAM.

I Hate Television. I Hate It As Much As Peanuts. But I Can’t Stop Eating Peanuts.
- Orson Welles

Return to posts index

Amar Salgia
on Oct 25, 2017 at 3:34:15 pm

This problem of endless rendering persists even when I try to render a simple JPEG image in the timeline.

I tried rendering in other PPCS6 project files as well and there is the same problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]