FORUMS: list search recent posts

Automatically replace lots of footage with almost matching names?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Cabestany
Automatically replace lots of footage with almost matching names?
on Oct 24, 2017 at 6:54:53 pm

I've been working on a large project mostly comprised of stock footage. The problem I found is that now that I need to replace the comp files with high res non-watermarked ones the names change from say "504115730.mp4" to "GettyImages-504115730.mov"

I know I can override the extension and should be able to connect the clips but I'm not so sure about the extra word that it's been added at the beginning.
I have roughly 300 clips that need to be replaced and I'm really trying to avoid doing it manually.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

greg janza
Re: Automatically replace lots of footage with almost matching names?
on Oct 24, 2017 at 7:17:34 pm

if you're getting all of your stock shots from getty, you could use a simple utility app (like file renamer) to batch change the names of the hi res files from the full name to just the clip number so that your hi-res and low-res clip names match. And then once the file names match the re-link process should be automated.

I Hate Television. I Hate It As Much As Peanuts. But I Can’t Stop Eating Peanuts.
- Orson Welles

Return to posts index

Ann Bens
on Oct 24, 2017 at 8:45:11 pm

File renamer: as in the Bridge.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS2/CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

David Cabestany
on Oct 26, 2017 at 4:04:13 pm

Greg, Ann,

Haven't thought of Bridge, it's the perfect tool for the job.

Thanks.
D.

Return to posts index

jake pins
on Oct 26, 2017 at 12:34:15 am

I've got a similar question, but mine is replacing multiple placeholder images with the same image, so it appears in multiple sequences

I'm working on a series of workout videos for a client and the pieces all have the same graphics template, so all i need to do is go duplicate the project file for each day's videos and replace footage and titles (in the form of png images)

So i have 7 videos for a 25 day cycle with roughly 60 edits per video, but about 40 of those edits need to be replaced with the same source png, is there a way to do a batch replacement of certain placeholders? this would greatly reduce my editing time

EXERCISE_01_LV01.png and EXERCISE_01_LV02.png need to be replaced with the same png, so do the second exercises in each level, so on, i have been doing these one at a time so far because i cant highlight multiple files and do a batch replace as far as i can tell, is this resolvable?

See below image for reference

Return to posts index

greg janza
on Oct 26, 2017 at 5:17:34 pm

Jake, unless I'm misreading your post your solution is to simply use replace media with the pngs.

Control click on any png in your bin that you need to replace, select replace media, choose your new png. After you replace the media, any instance of that png in any sequence will be replaced with the new png.

I Hate Television. I Hate It As Much As Peanuts. But I Can’t Stop Eating Peanuts.
- Orson Welles

Return to posts index

jake pins
on Oct 26, 2017 at 10:13:23 pm

Thanks greg, i think you have misunderstood my post, i might not have clarified the issue here

I know how to replace individual png files one at a time, but I have many placeholder png files with different names in my timeline (project was handed over from someone else who is unable to help) that need to be replaced with the same png file

For example, the below files are in my timeline for the same length of time;
PLACEHOLDER1.png
PLACEHOLDER2.png
PLACEHOLDER3.png
and i want to replace all of them with the same source file;
SOURCEFILE1.png

I know how to replace the footage one at a time, the issue is that i have 28 instances where i need to replace the footage in 5 videos a day for a 25 day content rollout ((28*5)*25= 3,500 files to be replaced) and i'd rather not do it all one at a time

Cheers

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
on Nov 2, 2017 at 12:50:47 pm

Perhaps a roundtrip trough XML and do a search/replace with a text editor?
(I would use just the track with the PNG files, as not all effect info might get into the XML well.)

Bouke
http://www.videotoolshed.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]