FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe CC 2018 apps are now live

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oliver Peters
Adobe CC 2018 apps are now live
on Oct 18, 2017 at 2:48:58 pm

Should show up in your CC updates this morning. Have fun!

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Eric Merklein
Re: Adobe CC 2018 apps are now live
on Oct 18, 2017 at 8:19:12 pm

Hello Oliver and thanks for the heads up.

Do you know if Legacy title is staying in 2018? I'm on a crazed schedule and don't have much time to dig into research time.

I'm hoping that Legacy will stay around for a long time.

Many thanks.

Return to posts index

Chris Borjis
on Oct 18, 2017 at 8:40:38 pm

+1
as clunky as it is, I still rely on it often.

Return to posts index

Trent Happel
on Oct 18, 2017 at 9:11:50 pm

The legacy Titler remains in 12.0/CC 2018 and is unchanged from the last version (11.x/CC 2017). There have been some updates to the new Motion Graphics in 12.0/CC 2018.

https://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/whats-new-and-now-in-premiere-pro-cc/...

Trent Happel
Adobe
Premiere Pro

Return to posts index

andy patterson
on Oct 19, 2017 at 4:25:21 am

[Trent Happel] "The legacy Titler remains in 12.0/CC 2018 and is unchanged from the last version (11.x/CC 2017). There have been some updates to the new Motion Graphics in 12.0/CC 2018."

The old titling system was better. If you want to make them compatible with one another that would be cool but there are some of us who just don't like the new titling system. It lacks inner and outer strokes. Along with beveled edges, drawing tools gradients the ability to use images etc. I would have preferred Adobe implement better marker capabilities like BMD did with DR (video below). I was also think the CC might drop in price to $34.99 a month. Is Adobe aware of the competition?

Return to posts index

greg janza
on Oct 19, 2017 at 5:44:56 am

[andy patterson] "The old titling system was better. If you want to make them compatible with one another that would be cool but there are some of us who just don't like the new titling system. It lacks inner and outer strokes. Along with beveled edges, drawing tools gradients the ability to use images etc. "

Why not just use AE for any and all real titling needs?

I Hate Television. I Hate It As Much As Peanuts. But I Can’t Stop Eating Peanuts.
- Orson Welles

Return to posts index

Olivier Aubut
on Oct 19, 2017 at 12:41:21 pm

Wow! That Resolve marker feature is awesome! I wish Premiere had that!

Return to posts index

Dennis Radeke
on Oct 19, 2017 at 12:54:59 pm

Hey there!

Appreciate your response and interest in the legacy titler. While I hear ya on things like stroke, the overwhelming number of people shouted for a new titler as the legacy one was very old and had not been updated in a while. That said, the legacy titler is still there, so have at it!

I thought I would pop on as there was a part of MAX of which I was directly involved. Yesterday at MAX, Adobe also launched a Motion Graphics templates marketplace on Adobe Stock. I am very proud to have had a hand in making this happen and for Adobe users, it should be a very welcomed addition to their Creative Cloud use. As of this moment, we have over 1,000 templates of which over 100 are free. These are high quality After Effects designs that can be leveraged directly in Premiere Pro.

Among these, is a small Master Artists Collection which has some extremely high quality free content.

For Adobe users, I hope you enjoy it and provide some feedback.

For yesterday's MAX keynote, go to around 1:50:00 to get to Jason's portion on mogrts.

Best to you all!
Dennis (former video guy, now Stock guy)

Return to posts index

Eric Merklein
on Oct 19, 2017 at 2:54:19 pm

As someone who doesn't have much time to build motion graphic (and I'm not an After EFX head (wish I was) I do like the capability to purchase from a place like templates market place.

Essential Graphics give us a bare bones platform and adds more work in terms of key strokes, AND it forces me to create media files for every title I create.

It's just more stuff to carry around, back up and re-link.

The system is quite clumsy and I wish that Adobe would have webinar meet ups from time to time so that we editors can talk to Adobe developers.

Onward!

Return to posts index

andy patterson
on Oct 19, 2017 at 11:17:50 pm

[Eric Merklein] "As someone who doesn't have much time to build motion graphic (and I'm not an After EFX head (wish I was) I do like the capability to purchase from a place like templates market place.

Essential Graphics give us a bare bones platform and adds more work in terms of key strokes, AND it forces me to create media files for every title I create.

It's just more stuff to carry around, back up and re-link.

The system is quite clumsy and I wish that Adobe would have webinar meet ups from time to time so that we editors can talk to Adobe developers."

I agree 100%. I know other people feel the same way. I don't know if they should scrap it or try to make it better. If there was one thing I liked about Premiere Pro it was the titling system.

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Oct 19, 2017 at 11:48:26 pm

[Eric Merklein] "AND it forces me to create media files for every title I create. "

If you're talking about basic titling using the Title Tool and Essential Graphics, this isn't the case at all. There's no media created.

- Oliver

Return to posts index

Peter Garaway
on Oct 21, 2017 at 7:26:17 pm

[Eric Merklein] "I wish that Adobe would have webinar meetups from time to time so that we editors can talk to Adobe developers."

Hi Eric,

You can never have enough meetups. We just hosted Adobe Video World where product managers, designers, and engineers all attended and discussed roadmaps, features and best practices. It was very fun!

We recently started doing live streams series. There's a 3 part series coming up covering graphics workflow. In these live streams often folks from the engineering and product will attend and answer questions.

https://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/live-stream-series-make-good-videos-g...

Hope you find those helpful. Send any feedback my way.

Peter Garaway
Adobe

Return to posts index

andy patterson
on Oct 19, 2017 at 3:25:43 pm

[Dennis Radeke] "Appreciate your response and interest in the legacy titler. While I hear ya on things like stroke, the overwhelming number of people shouted for a new titler as the legacy one was very old and had not been updated in a while. That said, the legacy titler is still there, so have at it!"

I don't doubt some people liked the canned effects in FCPX and wanted to have premade templates in Premiere Pro. I consider that being lazy. It would have been better to learn the titling system of Premiere Pro. Did you know a lot of people in these forums mocked an belittled the Legacy titling system until I made a video showing the true capabilities of what Premiere Pro can do? They will not mock it anymore. The old titling system is still there but Adobe wasted time on something that really is not all that great. Also the titles don't look as crisp and clean in the new titling system as they did in the Legacy titling system. That is the worst part.

[Dennis Radeke] "I thought I would pop on as there was a part of MAX of which I was directly involved. Yesterday at MAX, Adobe also launched a Motion Graphics templates marketplace on Adobe Stock."

I am not impressed. I do not want templates. I want good titling tools to create my own graphics.

[Dennis Radeke] "As of this moment, we have over 1,000 templates of which over 100 are free. These are high quality After Effects designs that can be leveraged directly in Premiere Pro."

I am not impressed at all. If you watch my video (link is below) you will know why. Having said that you know what I really liked? The composer/music score portion of Sound Booth. It was cool but Adobe was asking to much for the music scores. Having said that the user had a lot of control over the different musical parts/elements. I wish that feature could be implemented into Audition. Is there anyway to download the music score files?

[Dennis Radeke] "Among these, is a small Master Artists Collection which has some extremely high quality free content."

I would rather just make my own graphics. I imagine other people feel the same way. Everything in the video below was created in Premiere Pro. Even the back ground animations and logos. You can start watching at 6:20 and at 9:00. If you can watch the whole video that would be great.

[Dennis Radeke] "For Adobe users, I hope you enjoy it and provide some feedback. "

I hope after watching my video you will realize why I am not a big fan of the Essential Graphics Panel. I created a video of features I would like to see in Premiere Pro (link is below). Adobe ignored my request but Blackmagic did not (I didn't even send it to BMD). It is as though BMD looked at my feature request and improved on it. Why didn't Adobe? My video was posted long before DR 14 was announced. BMD implemented the Fairlight system into DR 14. I hope Audition can get implemented into Premiere Pro ASAP. I hope we can soon nest audio tracks in Premiere Pro. DR 14 has dropped in price but the CC is going up in price. Having said that FCPX is still only $300.00 with free upgrades.

Return to posts index

greg janza
on Oct 19, 2017 at 9:33:03 pm

[andy patterson] "I would rather just make my own graphics. I imagine other people feel the same way. "

Andy, i think you're actually in the minority. When working on projects that need robust graphics I have no time or inclination to build those graphics from scratch. And if there's no budget for a real motion graphic artist my first step is to go to Videohive and acquire an AE template that will fit my needs and that I can then customize.

Adobe is just bringing that step in house which makes sense for them. Also, traditionally the achilles heel for all NLE's has been the titling tool because of it's always been a separate program within the program. At least Adobe has improved it to the point where titling is seamless within the edit.

I Hate Television. I Hate It As Much As Peanuts. But I Can’t Stop Eating Peanuts.
- Orson Welles

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Oct 19, 2017 at 10:48:14 pm

Honestly, I'm not sure what everyone's problem is with the new titling in Premiere Pro. The Type Tool in conjunction with the Essential Graphics panel covers most of the bases you need in a standard titler. I would agree that some consolidation of controls is needed, but I certainly prefer it to the legacy tool for most of the standard titles that I want to do in the NLE. Want more, go the After Effects or Photoshop.

- Oliver

Return to posts index

Andreas Kiel
on Oct 20, 2017 at 2:57:25 pm

Hi Dennis,

Here a question for you.

Is there any logical reason for:
a) there is no export of legacy titles anymore.
b) the text data of exported "new titles" are not encoded UTF-8 (beside the base64 encoding which is needed for the XML)

- Andreas

Spherico
http://www.spherico.com/filmtools

"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby
become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will
also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Oct 18, 2017 at 11:38:02 pm

Personally, I'd wait for the first couple-three bug fixes to come through. Then I'd be fairly confident of running software that's sort of reliable.

They don't call a Creative Cloud subscription the Adobe Unpaid Beta Tester Program for nothin', y'know.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Oct 19, 2017 at 12:25:33 pm

Project locking finally works. Locking must be enabled in the "collaboration" preference setting (Team accounts). Whoever opens first has write control. Everyone else who opens has read-only control. Basically Avid-like for multi-editor workflows, like TV shows, films, etc. Obviously the project locking that was there just prior to this update was a "work in progress" to get to this point.

- Oliver

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]