FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video shakes or bounces in the timeline and after export

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sergio Andrade Martina
Video shakes or bounces in the timeline and after export
on Oct 17, 2017 at 9:01:58 pm

Hello! I'm having one particular issue in Premiere Pro CC 2017, I'm editing a TV show and lately I've been having issues with some clips, they shake and I cannot figure out why, at first I just nested the clips into a sequence and that solved the issue but I've come with more clips having this issue and nesting them is not working.

The show is about movie releases so I use clips from youtube (Trailers) so all of them are h264 mpeg, and at first I believe I wasn't getting this issue. I've searched online and only found one post about someone having the same issue (I believe, it's not that clear) but I tried the solution posted there which was changing the field options of the clips and nothing worked, so now I'm confused.

This is a sample video where you can see how the video shakes and also the subtitles

https://www.dropbox.com/s/53mqxbyndluvvxs/shaky%20footage%20test.mp4?dl=0

I hope someone can help me with this! Thanks a lot!

Return to posts index

James Barry
Re: Video shakes or bounces in the timeline and after export
on Oct 20, 2017 at 3:02:04 pm

By shake, do you mean the BUG (logo) in the top left corner?

What are your sequence settings? What are the settings of the BUG? Is it a lossless .MOV with Alpha?

If you can supply us with more info about the file types and the sequence settings we might be able to help you better.

Return to posts index

Sergio Andrade Martina
on Oct 20, 2017 at 5:54:34 pm

Hello James! No, by shaking I mean the entire video, for example if you look closely you will see that the black bars are shaking a little, and the CC's also!

The Sequence settings:

And the bug is a Loseless .mov with alpha, at first I thought that maybe this was causing the problem but turns out that it also happens when the bug isn't on the video. The trailer videos are mostly .mp4 h264

Thanks!

Return to posts index

greg janza
on Oct 20, 2017 at 6:04:47 pm
Last Edited By greg janza on Oct 20, 2017 at 6:09:02 pm

one step that might help is to make your sequence the same frame rate as the trailers. Almost all trailers are 23.976 and not 29.97. You could also make your preview file setting pro res or dnxhd to see your real output in premiere.

Also, download the original trailer and see if that plays ok. I've downloaded that trailer and it plays perfectly in and out of premiere on my system.

I Hate Television. I Hate It As Much As Peanuts. But I Can’t Stop Eating Peanuts.
- Orson Welles

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Oct 20, 2017 at 7:22:43 pm

Hi Sergio,

In the Sequence Settings, change FIELDS to PROGRESSIVE. The current UPPER FIELD setting means INTERLACED and your source videos are not likely to be interlaced (1080i), nor should your final export be interlaced for computer/web viewing, you want that all to be progressive (1080p or 720p).

Right-click one of the original clips in the Project Bin and select New Sequence from Clip. Then check Sequence Settings and see what they are. Look at frame size, frame rate, fields. You may find that the clips are 24p (23.976) as the other poster suggested. If you can match the sequence so that it's the same as *most* of the source clips, that is usually the best way to go, then export with similar settings.

I believe what is happening is that you have Progressive clips, and are then forcing them into an Interlaced project and that interlacing is introducing the visual issues.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Sergio Andrade Martina
on Oct 20, 2017 at 10:55:23 pm

That was it!! I didn't realized that it was on Interlaced! When I switched to Progressive the shaking stopped! thanks a lot!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]