FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere pro 2017 is not loading - could not find any capable video play modules

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ivan Yanakiev
Premiere pro 2017 is not loading - could not find any capable video play modules
on Oct 16, 2017 at 7:15:01 pm

Dear friends,

I recently tried to open my Adobe Premiere or any other video editing programme by Adobe and it does not start. Instead I only get the error message "Adobe Premiere Pro could not find any capable video play modules. Please update your video drivers and start again."

I have a Desktop PC Win10 Gigabyte motherboard with Intel i7 7700K and Gigabyte Nvidia 1050Ti Video adapter. I have updated the NVidia drivers - does not help. I tried disabling the internal CPU graphics chip but that does not help either. I uninstalled K-Lite mega codec pack, ffdshow, Divex codecs - nothing changed.

Apart from that Adobe Audition gives me an error (0xc000007b) The application was unable to start correctly."

I reinstalled all the C++ redistributable packages from 2012 to 2017 - that didn't help either.

Can anybody suggest how to cope with this situation?

<

Regards,

I.Y.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Premiere pro 2017 is not loading - could not find any capable video play modules
on Oct 16, 2017 at 11:30:35 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Oct 17, 2017 at 12:11:17 am

[Ivan Yanakiev] " I uninstalled K-Lite mega codec pack, ffdshow, Divex codecs - nothing changed."

The K-Lite codec pack has given Adobe users many problems over the years. It is especially nasty because it can't be totally eliminated by a simple uninstall.
Unless someone has a better idea, I'm afraid you will have to do a complete system re-install -- the operating system and the Adobe applications. Before re-installing Adobe, I also recommend that you uninstall them, then run the Adobe Cleaner application. You should be able to locate it through a google.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Ivan Yanakiev
Re: Premiere pro 2017 is not loading - could not find any capable video play modules
on Oct 19, 2017 at 4:34:49 pm

Dear All,

Thank you very much for your support. I managed to get Premiere working.

What I did was a combination:

1. Uninstalled K-lite Mega codec pack with Total Uninstall. I unregistered al the codecs also deleted some dll files.
2. Used the Adobe Unregister tool, as suggested by this topic https://forums.adobe.com/external-link.jspa?url=https%3A%2F%2Fhelpx.adobe.c...
3. Installed again Adobe Premiere.

It was working.

Then added the missing codecs - xvid, H264 and Lagarith losless - no issues.

I am not sure what helped and solved the problem, but the result is that it is working again.

I suppose that the Adobe Clean tool was a major part of the solution, however, I do not entirely exclude the possibility that the K-Lite Megacodec Pack was intereferein also to some extend.

Thank you for your help and

Best regards,

Ivan K. Yanakiev

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]