FORUMS: list search recent posts

Editing .mts files in Adobe CS 4 DON'T WORK

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Darius Cornean
Editing .mts files in Adobe CS 4 DON'T WORK
on Dec 14, 2011 at 3:46:29 pm

Hello
I hope I will find hear an answer of my problem because I'm exhausted looking for a solution.
I shoot using Sony NXCAM and recording on SD card (64GB)
I try to capture video files in Adobe CS 4. The extension of them are .mts
Doesn't work
Then I find solution on pro.sony.com. There it's said that to capturing from camera using software Content Management Utility. I downlaod software from the site, i capture then I try to open .mts files in Adobe CS 4. I could see the image but the sound no. The sound sound like an abuzz.
For me converting the files is not a solution because i have thousand.
Please help me
Thank you very much

Return to posts index

Gary Milligan
Re: Editing .mts files in Adobe CS 4 DON'T WORK
on Dec 14, 2011 at 9:16:42 pm

[Darius Cornean] "I try to capture video files in Adobe CS 4."

Just to be sure, are you using Premiere Pro to capture your files?

This is me - this is what I do - http://web.mac.com/garymmw

Return to posts index

Darius Cornean
on Dec 14, 2011 at 11:48:44 pm

Ya, for sur
I use Adobe Premiere Pro CS 4 and the format files are .m2ts
After I use Content Management Utility software from sony, i convert files in to .mts
But still I dont have sound, only imgage.
Sound is like a abuzz
Thank you

Return to posts index

Gary Milligan
on Dec 15, 2011 at 12:21:22 am

To be honest, I don't use Premiere Pro so I don't know anything about that particular software. I shoot with a NX5 and import the .mts files into my Media 100 system using ClipWrap which transcodes them into ProRes. Works like a charm. ClipWrap also re-wraps .mts files (no transcoding and much quicker) - maybe you could try downloading their trial version and see if that might work for you... unless someone else here has a better solution using the tools you already have. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Here's the link to the ClipWrap website: http://www.divergentmedia.com/clipwrap

Good luck.

Gary

Return to posts index

Darius Cornean
on Dec 15, 2011 at 1:30:26 pm

Thank you
This software ClipWrap I think its only for mac
I couldant find for PC

Return to posts index

Gary Milligan
on Dec 15, 2011 at 4:39:56 pm

Yes, you are correct - Mac only. There is similar software for PC but you will have to search and try for yourself.

I'm curious though... I was under the impression that Premiere Pro could edit AVCHD files natively... or perhaps that is that only with the CS5 version. Have you been able to import other types of files without problems in the past?

Good luck.

Gary

Return to posts index

Michael Johnston
on Dec 18, 2011 at 8:07:41 am

The reason you have no audio is because the camera's audio setting is Linear PCM (default setting) which can't be used in CS4. You need to change the setting in your camera to Dolby Digital.

The first thing I did when I got my NX5 was to shoot a short 2 minute clip, do a mic check, and try loading the test clip. I had the same problem. All I heard was white noise. Unfortunately, if you've been shooting all this time in Linear PCM, there is nothing you can do.

Return to posts index

Michael Johnston
on Dec 18, 2011 at 3:07:02 pm

I'll just add that this is a good lesson for all to learn. When you get a new camera, do some test shoots and test EVERYTHING, including your edit software, before going out and shooting anything important.

Return to posts index

Gary Milligan
on Dec 18, 2011 at 8:09:33 pm

[Michael Johnston] "Unfortunately, if you've been shooting all this time in Linear PCM, there is nothing you can do."

ClipWrap will convert the Linear PCM to Dolby Digital. Yes, we've established it's Mac only, but all is not lost if you have access to a Mac with ClipWrap. Surely there must be some PC software out there that will also convert the audio.(?)

Gary

Return to posts index

Michael Johnston
on Dec 18, 2011 at 11:16:23 pm

You can try MPEG Streamclip as long as it's not a long clip (over 5 minutes). Anything longer will usually crash the software. That's really the only option. Yes, you can use ClipWrap but the original post said converting all the footage is not an option because there is so much of it. That's why I said he's stuck. There really is no other option other than getting access to a Mac and FCP 7.03. You can use LPCM audio with that. As far as Jim using CS4, he's out of luck.

Return to posts index

Darius Cornean
on Dec 20, 2011 at 4:40:53 pm

Thanks to all of you for the ansewers
@Michael Johnston
Unfortunately the Sony NXCAM wasnt mine and I thought that was setup ok, but wasnt. They use FCP for editing that's why wasnt a problem.
In the way I read, the only chance that I have is to work with
ClipWrap and then editing in FCP 7.03.
But because I dont have acces on MAC can someone tell me a solution if I use Adobe Premiere CS4? the clips are longer than 5 minutes (for MPEG Streamclip).
Maybe someone can tell me if I get CS5 I will be able to work with the m2ts files? If yes, my sistem is 32 bits, can I install Adobe CS5?, I heard that work only with 64bits sistem?
Or maybe someone nows a way to convert the files?
Thanks and I am waiting for your answer.

Return to posts index

Clint Fleckenstein
on Jan 5, 2012 at 2:35:45 pm

If you are on a 32 bit system, you cannot install Premiere Pro CS5. For users who purchased a bundle such as Production Premium CS5 or CS5.5, Adobe included a disc with Premiere Pro CS4 and After Effects CS4. Since you're already running that, you're upgraded as far as you can go on that system.

Cf

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]