FORUMS: list search recent posts

Purchasing Filter Kit for NX5U

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Drew Keo
Purchasing Filter Kit for NX5U
on Dec 8, 2011 at 9:11:23 pm

Hi Guys,

I am interested in purchasing some filters to change up the image of my NX5U. Can you make any recommendations of what I should purchase? a Kit? I will need a filter holder as well correct?

Best,
Keo

Return to posts index

Michael Johnston
Re: Purchasing Filter Kit for NX5U
on Dec 11, 2011 at 6:00:12 am

Whatever you do, make sure you pay more and get COATED filters. The first UV filter I bought was not coated and any light shining into the lens created a terrible ring effect because of the amount of space between the filter and the glass.

Return to posts index

Drew Keo
on Dec 12, 2011 at 5:32:16 pm

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the response. Can you recommend any specific filter or kit?

Also - I've been using your camera settings per another thread and I owe you big time because the video def. looks better. However, you mention int that thread that you use those settings for everything except cinematic shots. What do you change for cinematic shots?

Best,
Keo

Return to posts index

Michael Johnston
on Dec 13, 2011 at 11:58:52 am

I'd suggest Hoya filters. You can get them at B&H. As for cinematic shots, there is no specific setting. My profile setting changes depending on the look I'm going for (high contrast, low contrast, greyish, blue, graded, etc). The great thing is you can pretty much dial this camera in for any look, eliminating a lot of time in post.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]