FORUMS: list search recent posts

NX5 - No audio in to camera

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Coons
NX5 - No audio in to camera
on Nov 22, 2011 at 11:12:46 pm

I own five Sony NX5's, and all of a sudden today can not get any audio into one of them. I turned the cam on while out on a shoot and was getting no levels on the audio meter, so I switched cameras for the time being. But I haven't been able to figure out why I'm not getting any audio in. All of the settings are correct (I even did the factory reset to make sure I hadn't accidentally switched something).

Not only is there nothing registering on the audio meter and no audio coming into the camera, but when I go into the visual index to play previously recorded clips, there is no audio playback, either. The same clip plays fine in a different camera so I know it's not an issue with the card, etc.

Any thoughts on what might be the issue?

Rob

Return to posts index

john lenihan
Re: NX5 - No audio in to camera
on Nov 23, 2011 at 3:16:21 pm

It sounds like a trip to sony repair.

If you don't get sound in, I would check the audio settings on the left to make sure they are set to correct inputs, and if the volume is on manual control, set the volume to the middle.

Then I would check the setting on the right side that determine line or mic or phantom mic settings.

For the output, there is the volume control, unmarked on top of the camera with the up and down arrows.

It sounds like you have tried all those settings. For both input and output to change settings at the same time sounds like something inside is broke.

John Lenihan

LeniCam Video Productions
http://www.lenicamvideoproductions.com

Return to posts index

Rob Coons
Re: NX5 - No audio in to camera
on Nov 28, 2011 at 4:42:07 pm

That's what I was afraid of. Thanks for the response, John.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]