FORUMS: list search recent posts

NX70 & Content Management Utility

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brad White
NX70 & Content Management Utility
on Nov 17, 2011 at 9:30:43 pm

While unloading a 32GB SDHC in my camera to my computer using the Content Management Utility, the CMU software crashed several times. There were 33 files totaling about 15GB. I started over and only selected about 5 files at a time to transfer, rather then selecting "all". (Note: No single file exceeded the 4GB FAT system limitation). This worked. Question: Is there a file size or capacity limitation, or some other issue with the CMU?

Also, along with each .mpg file transferred is another file (same file name) but with .cmuprops extension. What is this file and does it need to be preserved for editing?

Brad

COMMENTARY: Last Saturday I did a two camera shoot with over six hours of recording time. With my previous mini tape-based cameras I would have had 14 tapes. Now just two SD cards the size of a quarter, and they were only half full. Ain't technology grand!

Return to posts index

Brad White
Re: NX70 & Content Management Utility
on Nov 18, 2011 at 12:09:54 am

My previous post was in error. The FAT file system is limited to 2GB, not 4GB as mentioned. I did have a file that was greater than 2GB and this is where the CMU crashed.
Brad

Return to posts index

Stephen Crye
Re: NX70 & Content Management Utility
on Dec 8, 2011 at 4:41:15 am

Brad, I have tested two NX70's they have a similar on-card file system. Although I never bothered to use the CMU, I did use the latest Sony PMB - have been using it with my CX550V and did not want to install new software for the NX70 test. PMB recognized the NX70 no problem.

I transferred with no problem files up to 30 GB from the NX70.

My computer is running Win7 pro x64, so the file system on the 'puter is NTFS.

All SD cards have the 2 GB file size limit - they use FAT32. That is where the PMB (or the CMU) comes into play - it stitches together the several 2 GB sub-clips into one, nice , big file with a name in the format yyyymmddhhmmss.m2ts .

Did you format the card in the camera?

If you want to try PMB search for "Lost your original software disc? Download PMB " and you might find a link that works.

Steve

Win7 Pro X64 on Dell T3400, MultiTB SATA, 8GB RAM Vegas 10e x64 DVDA 5.2(build 133) Sony HDR-CX550V

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]