FORUMS: list search recent posts

LCD Monitor

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brad White
LCD Monitor
on Oct 15, 2011 at 10:42:58 pm

I mostly do two camera shoots and often operate one cam remotely, such as on a boom or across a room on a tripod. As I am a solo camera operator, I need a small monitor to see the zoom and focus of my remote cam. I own a Tote Vision 5" monitor with low resolution (480 x 240 lines) that is not doing the job for my new NX70 cams. I'm looking for a 7" HD monitor that has at least 800 x 480 lines, hdmi input and won't break the bank; perferably one that can switch between two inputs (two camreras).
There are dozens of models out there with inconsistent specs when it comes to resolution and quality issues. My reason for posting is to ask for any personal experiences that will help me make a purchase decision.

Brad White

Return to posts index

Gordon Gurley
Re: LCD Monitor
on Oct 27, 2011 at 6:29:14 am

SmallHD monitors are very good. Very sharp with good focus tools. They have one with both HDMI and Hdsdi input so you can switch, though it's not a one button switch. They do have a remote control now, so maybe that would allow for fast input switching.
Not cheap, but anything cheaper that I have seen is useless.

Gordon

Return to posts index

Brad White
on Oct 27, 2011 at 10:12:54 pm

Thanks for the reply Gordon.

I've read a lot of reviews and find that the general conscience is that most imported brands are not worth the money; cheap or not. I just settled on a Marshall 5" HDMI monitor. Good product reviews and solid company. To toggle between two cameras I ordered an HDMI switch at under $20.

Brad

Return to posts index

Sean Thomas
on Nov 17, 2011 at 4:28:28 am

I went with iKan monitors. Their new 7" and 9" have HDMI and HDSDI in/outs.
They also have a great 5" HDMI only monitor that is very inexpensive.

I got the 5" for my NEX5 and the 9" for my FS-100. I am thinking about getting the 7"
for an "on-cam" since the 9" is so large.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]