FORUMS: list search recent posts

NX5U "subclipping" and losing material

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Wirth
NX5U "subclipping" and losing material
on Oct 14, 2011 at 8:46:46 pm

We have a situation where some NX5 operators have been rolling on long interview segments and the NX5 creates multiple clips on the same card.

In one case, they have a continuous clip with no interruption of video or timecode.

In another case, the camera creates subclips but there is no interruption when reassemble. In other words, everything is there and timecode is continuous.

On another camera, there is a gap and material is lost between clips but the timecode is still continuous.

Has anyone else encountered this? Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Eric Pensenstadler
Re: NX5U "subclipping" and losing material
on Oct 17, 2011 at 1:38:05 pm

Richard,

I've personally never heard of that particular situation, however, my best suggestion would be to invest in the attachable fash drive unit.

Hope that helps.
Eric

Return to posts index

Glass Onion
on Oct 19, 2011 at 2:16:05 am

Try another card. There is something wrong with the card. I had the same problem.

Return to posts index

J. D. Mack
on Oct 21, 2011 at 7:26:10 pm

The SD card has a 2 GB file size limit. When a continuous recording exceeds that limit, the NX5U will create multiple files. If one imports those .mts files into a program like Premiere, there will be a short gap at the point where the clips join. What one has to do is not copy the .mts clips directly off the card, but rather use the Sony Content Management utility to import the recording, which will join the file portions into a single .m2ts file. This file will have no gaps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]