FORUMS: list search recent posts

Nex 100 2 fcp

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jochen schreier
Nex 100 2 fcp
on Oct 9, 2011 at 10:52:08 am

Hi all. I tried to log/transfer the mts-files into my fcp. it doesn``t work. do i need to have any additional codec to make it happen?

Thank you!!

Return to posts index

Prema Ball
Re: Nex 100 2 fcp
on Oct 10, 2011 at 5:06:49 pm

In order to "Log and transfer" the FS-100 footage into FCP, you need to make sure that the original file structure of the card is kept intact.

If you're transferring directly from the card itself, there should be no issues at all.

If you're copying cards to hard disks for transferring later, make sure you create a folder that represents each individual card, then copy the entire contents of that card into its corresponding folder which you just created. If you grab just the media files from it and copy those over, FCP will not be able to read them. It needs the original file structure to read them.

The Log and Transfer function with the FS100's AVCHD footage works like a charm, it transcodes 4-5x faster than DSLR footage does through the same process. I absolutely love it.

One note. If you recorded your footage in 1080p60, it will not read it. FCP does not support 1080 60p. You will have to use another 3rd party software like Clip Wrap to re-wrap the files so Compressor can then use them and convert them into 30p so FCP can utilize them.

Return to posts index

jochen schreier
on Oct 10, 2011 at 5:17:46 pm

Thanks a lot for that information!

Best! Jo.

Return to posts index

Sean Thomas
on Nov 17, 2011 at 4:31:59 am

Also remember that FCP7 will not recognize 1080 60p. That format was not around 3-4 years ago when FCP7 came out.

If you shoot 60p - just use clip wrap to make then a QT.mov file, then convert to ProRes - now you're ready to edit.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]