FORUMS: list search recent posts

no support for 60p or content management on MAC. ?????

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Prema Ball
no support for 60p or content management on MAC. ?????
on Oct 6, 2011 at 5:57:18 pm

I purchased a FS100 2 weeks ago. Have shot tons of footage on it already, all of it 24p, incredibly happy with the results and its beautiful long and transfer integration with FCP.

Yesterday I decided to try 60p for some interviews. FCP won't recognize the footage in log and transfer.

So I move to Sony's content management software and find out, oh it's windows only.

So then I try and 3rd party program which is supped to be able to re-wrap the files into quick times so I can either transcode with compressor into prores422 or import and use as is. The program was ClipWrap. The files were turned into quick times pretty quickly and cleanly, but when I play them back every few seconds there are little hitches in the footage. obviously unacceptable.

Has anyone solved this 60p dilemma??? I'm not going to bother shooting in 60p anymore, I'll stic with 24p or 30p which is supported beautifully by FCP, but it seems ridiculous.

thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Uli Plank
Re: no support for 60p or content management on MAC. ?????
on Oct 9, 2011 at 10:54:16 am

Give the 30-days trial of Premiere Pro a try.

Director of the Institute of Media Research (IMF) at Braunschweig University of Arts

Return to posts index

Prema Ball
on Oct 9, 2011 at 7:03:19 pm

I have the cs 5.5 master collection. can't really get into premiere pro. tried it. not a big fan.

I did finally get the clip wrap to work. so there is a workaround tat makes it possible. strange that tcp wouldn't support 1080p60 though.

Return to posts index

Eli Kabillio
on Oct 11, 2011 at 12:31:09 pm

Hi Prema, can you please post your process for getting the 60p to work in FCP off the FS100? Also wondering if you've used it to overcrank/slo mo? Have had the FS100 since the day it was released and love it, but haven't had a chance to experiment much. Thanks.

Eli M. Kabillio
http://www.maddogfilms.com
FCP 7.03, MacPro 8core 2.83Ghz, iMac i7 3.4Ghz Promise Pegasus R6 12GB, MacBookPro DualCore 2.93Ghz
Sony PMW-F3 & FS100

Return to posts index

Michael Allen
on Nov 10, 2011 at 2:59:29 pm

Please tell us your 60p workflow. Also, does the footage look any better than the 30p or 24p images.

Michael S. Allen
Video Producer, Instructional Technologies
TSYS Product & Knowledge Development

Return to posts index

Sean Thomas
on Nov 14, 2011 at 9:26:05 am

I too freaked out the first time I tried to transfer 60p footing into FCP7. But you can't expect a 4 year old program to recognize a newer, more available shooting format - 60p.

Also realize that Compressor and Adobe ME will not recognize the footage either.

The workflow is pretty simple.
1. clip wrap so that QT apps will recognize the footage
2. use Comp or ME to convert the footage to ProRes
3. you can also use Comp or ME to conform frame rate

At this point you will have edit ready footage in ProRes at either 24p/30p/60p.

I have some amazine 60p footage conformed to 24p playing at about 40% speed.

Return to posts index

Sam James
on Jul 26, 2012 at 9:45:38 am

Currently the Panasonic 50/60P AVCHD format is nearly impossible to be edited. Even with the latest update of Final Cut Pro X,we have not seen the expected support for 50/60p AVCHD MTS. To achieve your goal smoothly, you can transcode them to FCP native format, say, Apple ProRes encoded mov format along with some help from a 3rd-party software (e.g. Pavtube MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac). Below is simple guide for you to take as reference:

http://www.pavtube.com/guide/import-edit-50p-60p-avchd-in-final-cut-pro-x-o...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]