FORUMS: list search recent posts

Slow Motion, EX1R Options

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Patrick
Slow Motion, EX1R Options
on Sep 1, 2011 at 2:09:10 am

I'm looking for some advice on various options for slow motion.

I know I can capture 720p60 and have the camera do the work and output 720p24, 2.5 times speed reduction. But, I won't have any audio.

If I want audio, I'm assuming I should shoot 720p60 and output 720p60.
Then I can conform it down to 720p24, for 2.5x slower. That way I have captured footage at full speed with audio as well as slow motion footage of the same material, after it's conformed to 24fps. While I haven't had the chance to test this out yet, I would guess that conforming the footage would not necessarily produce the same quality as having the camera do it. (I will be testing this, as soon as my camera shows up)

The other question I have is what shutter speed should I be using?

If I'm capturing at 720p60, I assume I should use a shutter speed of 60 fps. The material I'm capturing is relatively fast moving. (people, not vehicles) Would faster shutter speed help or hurt the quality? Such as 120 fps.

Return to posts index

john lenihan
Re: Slow Motion, EX1R Options
on Sep 1, 2011 at 3:31:53 am

1. Most editing programs should all change the video plyback rate and the sound separately. If not just manually speed up the audio by 2.5 times.

2. Yes, If you shoot at 60i, then the longest the aperature can be opend is 1/60. The shortest time is up to you and the camera. Hi Seed motion could require 1/500 or 1/5000. It depends on the light levels you have and how fast the motion is and whether you would to get clean crips pictures or smooth blur.

john lenihan

John Lenihan

LeniCam Video Productions
http://www.lenicamvideoproductions.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]