FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony NXCAM (HXR-NX5) major (?) problem

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Welz
Sony NXCAM (HXR-NX5) major (?) problem
on Feb 16, 2010 at 2:03:21 pm

Hi All

I am one of the first normal mortals to have received a new NXCAM (HXR-NX5U, pre-ordered and received into my hot little hands on Friday 5 Feb). The cam's serial is 110136.

I've been shooting random bits and pieces for the last week to get a feel for the camera. Yesterday, while just over a minute into a shot, the frame suddenly froze with the message 'buffer overrun' or 'buffer overload' (I don't remember the exact term) on the screen for a few seconds. The screen then went black with small letters in the middle saying 'clip recovery in progress' or something like that. The camera then remained frozen for a few minutes -- even after I turned the main power switch
off. This message remained on the screen until I got fed up and removed the battery to shut it down.

When I restarted the camera, the touchscreen gave me the option to choose to recover the clip, to which I said 'yes' -- but this just cycled back to the same screen three times before finally coming back to the same black screen with the 'recovery in progress' -- which I had to stop again by pulling the battery off after turning the power switch off did nothing.

When I restarted again there was no option to recover the clip again -- and no sign of the clip at all on either the SD card or either the FMU128 unit, to which I was recording simultaneously.

I had a problem a little like this on the first day I had the unit when I tested it by turning the power off while shooting a clip. When I turned it on again it offered me the option to recover the clip, but
then the camera just froze with a black screen with 'recovery in progress' or whatever in the middle, which remained for a few minutes, making the camera totally unresponsive, until I pulled the battery
off. That time, when I restarted the unit, the clip was present in the menu as if nothing had happened.

I did not think too much of it the first time the cam froze up in 'recovery mode' as I had purposefully disrupted the cam's operation by turning it off while recording a clip (something that it should just have handled easily, in restrospect). But the second time I was just shooting normally -- I'd shot a whole bunch of short clips in the preceding half-hour with no issues.

Obviously, this is freaking me out -- if this 'buffer overrun' and freeze-up ever happens during a proper shoot, I am totally at a loss -- not only did the camera stop recording, but it froze (thus becoming utterly useless) AND I could not recover the clip.

I was shooting in 1080/30p mode on to a SanDisk Extreme 30MB/s class 10 SDHC card (16GB capacity) -- which should be more than fast enough to handle the bitrate of the NXCAM. There was also plenty of space on the SD card and the FMU128 unit. I pre-formatted all memory in the camera as advised in the manual before use.

At this point it's impossible to say what's causing this error -- but it seems to me to be a software glitch, hard as it is to believe that Sony would release a pro product without testing it very thoroughly. Any ideas? Is there something else that might be causing the issue?

Anyone else got an HXR-NX5 yet? Anyone else had similar issues with EXCAMs?

Can we start a dedicated NXCAM forum here? Are there any other NXCAM forums on the web (I can't find any)?

Help!!!

Adam Welz

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: Sony NXCAM (HXR-NX5) major (?) problem
on Feb 16, 2010 at 4:31:03 pm

[Adam Welz] " Anyone else had similar issues with EXCAMs? "

Personally? Never.

You might want to contact Rick Young at: http://www.macvideo.tv/

Rick did an extensive test on an NX5 a month or so ago and didn't mention any issues like the ones you're having. Off the top of my head he's probably the one with the most experience with this camera.

If I had this camera and was having the problems you're describing, and they were consistent, I'd take the camera back right away and ask for another one if they couldn't rectify the problem immediately. Right now your NX5 isn't reliable enough to use it on a paying gig.

My .02

- Don

Return to posts index

Adam Welz
on Feb 16, 2010 at 4:40:44 pm

Hi Don

thanks -- will contact Rick later -- I'm going to take the cam to the Sony Pro place over in New Jersey now and see what they say.

The thing that really bothered me was the 'buffer overrun' message just over a minute into a shot. Exactly which buffer was overrunning baffles me, but that it should be possible to overrun it at all is really worrying, if that is in fact what happened.

As you say, right now I don't have enough confidence in this cam to take it out on a paying gig, and because that's what I bought it for, I have a problem! It could of course have something to do with the recording media, too.

Thanks once again for your input. Let's see if anyone else has this problem.

Adam

Return to posts index

Greg Barringer
on Feb 18, 2010 at 11:45:37 pm

Any fix?

Return to posts index

Adam Welz
on Feb 18, 2010 at 11:51:31 pm

Not yet. It's with Sony in NJ and they're testing the heck out of the unit. Still a mystery...

Adam

Return to posts index

Adam Welz
on Feb 18, 2010 at 11:53:16 pm

Rick at macvideo.tv said he had no problems at all while testing it, but I notice he was not simultaneously recording to the SDHC cards and the FMU128, which I was.

Adam

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Greg Barringer
on Feb 19, 2010 at 12:04:03 am

According to the Operating Guide removing the battery while it's writing to the media could damage the media. Maybe try new media. I hope this works out for you.

Does the camera have the ability to record HD to both a card and 128GB drive at the same time?

Return to posts index

Adam Welz
on Feb 22, 2010 at 1:56:45 am

Hi Greg

according to the guys at Sony Professional, the camera should handle an unexpected power-out during a shot fine -- it will offer you the option to recover the clip when it restarts. The deep crashes I experienced are NOT part of the plan, in other words they're a real problem.

The camera is also designed to record HD to both SDHC cards and the FMU128 unit simultaneously. This instant back-up is one of the reasons I bought the HXR-NX5U.

Juan Martinez, Sony Professional product manager, suggested to me in a phone call on Friday that there could be a problem with the controller chips inside the SanDisk Extreme SDHC cards I was using. This was just an idea and Sony had not identified this unambiguously as the problem in this case.

Sony will be replacing my camera tomorrow, they say. Let's see if I have the problem again...

Cheers

Adam

Return to posts index

Adam Welz
on Feb 24, 2010 at 7:13:26 pm

Hi All

Sony replaced the camera on Monday with camera #110060 (an even earlier serial than the one I had issues with). They did not tell me exactly what caused the issue (I'm not even sure that they know) but the tech who worked on it said he thought it was possibly one of the camera's chips. He said class 4 and above cards should be fine for HD recording.

I have reformatted all memory chips and the FMU128. I am currently travelling but will be shooting by the weekend. Will update this forum if any problems strike again, or if they don't.

Best to you all.

Adam

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Feb 24, 2010 at 7:38:31 pm

Good luck on your shoot, Adam. I was reasonably sure that Sony would attend to your camera issues fairly quickly, as they certainly don't want any bad press about the NX CAM line at this stage of the game.

- Don

Return to posts index

Adam Welz
on Feb 26, 2010 at 5:58:51 pm

Hi All

the problem has re-occurred with my replacement unit...

Oh no!

Adam

Return to posts index

Daniel Paun
on Mar 1, 2010 at 7:53:31 am

Hi everyone, it happen to me yesterday:

I was filming yesterday morning to do a proper test of the NX5E camcorder while recording on both memory card (8Gb Sony Pro Duo Mark 2 that came with the camcorder) and the FMU. I did a few shots and suddenly, a message appeared on the screen: " card A failure" or something similar but it wasn't the "buffer overrun" or anything to do with buffer like Adam Welz described above. The thing is that the camcorder was still recording on the FMU while the message was blinking on screen (continuously). I decide to stop the recording and as soon as I pressed the button, the camera started to reboot. It took about 30 sec to reboot and it was grant for another few shoots (then the rain starts and I had to leave without further testing). While rebooting it automatically tryed to recover the footage and everything seemed back to normal. Back home I found that the actual clip could not be saved on memory stick but I had it on the FMU.

I'm really freaked out now as I have a wedding to film next saturday (6th March) and I cannot rely on the camera now. I will give it another try these days and I will report back here how it goes.

My NX5E serial is: 210172

Here are some shoots I have take yesterday with this camcorder (but I didn't record simultaneously on card and FMU and everything was great):

http://www.vimeo.com/9784737

Return to posts index

Adam Welz
on Mar 1, 2010 at 4:48:36 pm

Hi Daniel

Sony thinks my problem is with the FMU128 unit.

I am sending mine off to Sony in Japan for analysis and they are Fedex-ing me a new one.

I used the cam for about 3 hours yesterday shooting on to SD cards only with no problems at all, so perhaps it is the FMU.

Cheers

Adam

Return to posts index

Daniel Paun
on Mar 1, 2010 at 8:28:14 pm

Hi Adam,

While recording on either the memory stick or the FMU it was grant, no issues at all(that was the first day test). But then I read your post on this forum and the next day I started to record simultaneously on memory card and the FMU. It was great for a couple of shots but then the above happened. I will give it another try these days and I'll report back on the forums. I suspect that it will be an issue with most of the NX Cams recording simultaneously. I would love to here more users out there who tried this. But until then I'm so disappointed with Sony from this point of view (it was so important to me and my type of business to rely on dual simultaneously recording).

All the best...

Return to posts index

Daniel Paun
on Mar 1, 2010 at 8:29:21 pm

Hi Adam,

While recording on either the memory stick or the FMU it was grant, no issues at all(that was the first day test). But then I read your post on this forum and the next day I started to record simultaneously on memory card and the FMU. It was great for a couple of shots but then the above happened. I will give it another try these days and I'll report back on the forums. I suspect that it will be an issue with most of the NX Cams recording simultaneously. I would love to here more users out there who tried this. But until then I'm so disappointed with Sony from this point of view (it was so important to me and my type of business to rely on dual simultaneously recording).

All the best...

Return to posts index

Ky Meserve
on Mar 15, 2010 at 10:06:38 pm

Hi Adam, Daniel, Robert and Bill

any resolution yet? I was just about to purchase this camera... What's up?

Ky

Ky

Return to posts index

Robert Boni
on Mar 15, 2010 at 11:54:24 pm

Ky,
I'd like to know what the status is as well. The rebate ends at the end of this month on the 128gb. Good Luck. I'm still afraid to buy one until I hear what's been happening with the guys above. It's like the world is waiting on Daniel and Adam's replies ;-)

Return to posts index

Robert Boni
on Mar 1, 2010 at 6:02:45 pm

I was right about to order this camera plus the FMU when I found these posts. What a shame and I hope Sony fixes these glitches. If you recorded on just one source, was it the FMU or the SDHC card? Adam says he's OK with just the SDHC cards. Is this the same results with you may I ask?

Return to posts index

Daniel Paun
on Mar 1, 2010 at 6:53:35 pm

Hi Robert, it was fine while recording on only one of the media (memory stick or the FMU). I think the problem with the NX5 its recording simultaneous on both. I got in touch with Sony but they don't have an answer for me just yet...

Return to posts index

Robert Boni
on Mar 1, 2010 at 7:13:11 pm

Thank you Daniel,
I have the HVR-Z5U and want a second and the NXCAM was my first choice since the lens are identical. I was right about to hit send in my cart then something told me to check the reviews. I'm NOT a fan of Teaneck Sony since my camera was parked there for a month + waiting on a part that could not be tracked down via UPS. Anyway, thank you for your feedback and so sorry to hear of the issues.

Return to posts index

Bill Willins
on Mar 2, 2010 at 3:46:54 am

Hi Daniel .... looked at your footage on Vimeo , looks great. I am very interested in this camera, however can you explain the workflow with AVCHD & FCP 7 . Thank you.

Return to posts index

Daniel Paun
on Mar 2, 2010 at 7:25:50 am

Hi Bill,

I don't have the FCP 7 yet. I'm on FCP 6 at the moment and I was surprized to see that the codec its supported by the software. When I bought the camera, I thought that I'll have to do the upgrade to FCP 7 to get my job done. But I imported the clips via Long&Transfer and it worked just fine (even though, a message appears everytime: "The folder you selcetd contains clips that are not supported by FCP", or something simillar to this). However, the clips are converted to Aplle Pro Res 422 and from there I do my things as usual. Very easy, no issues at all.

Return to posts index

Daniel Paquin
on Mar 4, 2010 at 2:20:26 pm

I've got a two NXCAM camera and have been shooting with them.

With the fist one, I've shot SD on a SDHC (Panasonic 16gb type 10) card for more than 24 hrs and did not encountered any problems.

With the second one, I've shot 720 60p on a SDHC (Sandisk 8gb) card and suddendly had a "data error" message. No clue, of what happened. I changed the Sandisk SDHC with the Panasonic card and had the same problem appearing when pushing the record button.

I've turned off/on and started recording withoout a problem. I've shot over 100 small video sequence after restarting the camera and the problem did not occured.

I've got no idea of the problem but would like to know if someone had the same problem.

The only differences in setup for the camera are the following:
- Camera 1 shooting SD output 48060si - no problems
- Camera 2 shooting 720 60p, steadyshot active - data error problem

I am VERY pleased with the quality of the image I am getting from my camera but I need to make I can count on it.

I am not shooting on SDHC and 128 FMU yet and I will soon.

Regards!
Daniel

Daniel Paquin

Return to posts index

Robert Boni
on Mar 4, 2010 at 6:17:09 pm

Hello Dan,
Will this camera allow the option of widescreen or 4:3 when shooting SD? How does the SD look after being compressed inside the camera....as good as raw .avi or .mov? Thanks again brave Danielson ;-)

Return to posts index

Daniel Paquin
on Mar 5, 2010 at 2:35:38 am

Hello Robert,

The image is very nice, the color is sharp. Yes you can output 4:3, 16:9 and other. I cannot explain what the other is but it's like output format between 4:3 and 16:9.

It's way better than shooting DV. I've used to have two XL2s and I do not regret going from the XL2 to this new sony camera.

The MPEG-2 file created can be ported over Toast and you use "Never re-encode". A DVD is then created in no time. Someone said, the same thing can be done via Windows Media Player with Vista. I need to test it.

I only wish the error message I've got will not occur again.

I hope it helps.

Daniel Paquin

Return to posts index

Samuel Pyke
on Nov 19, 2013 at 8:04:04 pm

Yes, the buffering message... I was on a shoot in WA with my new nex ea50 recording direct only to the FMU. Shooting for an outdoorsman TV show, this day Sony failed me. After having to very quickly get a kill shot on a mule deer the camera was switched on and as soon as I could record, I recorded, got the shot, and then the unspeakable... Buffering/camera freezing, recording stopped... But I got the shot because I could see that it was recording before the buffer message came...??? I switched the camera off after the freeze, and switched it back on. Recovering data it said, and I'm thinking thank God... Went to the visual index and the kill shot was not there. There was no recovery... I was not simultaneously recording to SD and FMU, only to FMU... I tested turning the camera off and firing it up and recording right away to see if it happened again... No problem... The final test came when logging and transferring to fcp7. The clip was simply not there. It was recording, but the buffer message killed me that day. Never had this happen with the cards, so my guess would be the FMU...

Return to posts index

Curtis Anderson
on Mar 20, 2010 at 3:17:08 am

major (?) problem - use precaution.
The HXR-FMU128 is very sensitive to power cycles. Sony even warns against unplugging the USB cable from a PC without doing a proper USB shutdown, not to mention NEVER write to the unit, format the unit, or move files around on the unit while connected to a PC.

Based on my personal experiences, data to flash memory units can become corrupt during a read/write cycle if power is interrupted. One corrupted, the unit must be reformatted. Some bit errors can still remain after a format and the unit may not work, or work until the bad spot is addressed again during usage, and in some cases may not reformat at all. I have been able to try another camera and correct the corrupted data flash unit with a good format. My thought is, one or both of your units got corrupted and the camera, with limited error reporting, limited on-board diagnostics, and no error correction feature was giving you a ‘catch-all’ error message with little to no meaningful explanation of the real trouble.

Based on more of my personal experiences using a Sony CX7, HDR-CX500, VX2100, FX1, etc. and flash cards for them....I would sometimes have to use a different camera to format a card before it would work again in the unit it was corrupted on. I once had a memory stick that formatted and worked fine in a digital camera but not a video handicam.

Tapes jam and flash units corrupt. Suggest having a spare or two of each type memory handy. I must remind myself to use caution ALWAYS when working with flash units.

I have a FMU128 unit and waiting on the NX5U to arrive any day now. I plan as a precaution to NEVER delete a clip, NEVER mix recording modes, and to power down the USB port and shutdown the PC before unplugging the FMU128.

Return to posts index

Adam Welz
on Mar 20, 2010 at 1:56:39 pm

Hi Curtis

thanks for this. I think you may well have a point here, and I have followed up on the suggestion over on another forum.

It's entirely possible that I had corrupted sectors on the cards or FMU128 I was using and that the NXCAM cannot handle them, because I only experienced the issue after I had clips interrupted by unplanned power-off incidents.

Best

Adam

Return to posts index

Curtis Anderson
on Mar 21, 2010 at 12:27:02 am

Moving from tape camcorders to solid state camcorders require a new skill set.
Not yet having my NX5U in hand (on order), I down loaded the OM and found this bit of interesting information.
QUOTE:
Even if you delete all data or format the recording media on your camcorder or computer, you may not delete data from the recording media completely.Format the recording media using [MEDIA FORMAT] if images are not recorded or played back properly If you continue recording and deleting images on recording media for a long time, the files on that recording media may be fragmented. As a result, you may not be able to record and save images properly. If this happens, save images on a separate recordable media, such as a disc or computer, then format the recording media. (p. 65).
Unintelligible data will be written on recording media. Thus, it may become more difficult to recover any original data. Even if you format recording media, there may be some data remaining. Therefore, when you dispose of or transfer the recording media, it is recommended that you perform a [ MEDIA EMPTY] operation.
END QUOTE:

History Lesson.
Hard Disk Drives use formatting to write tracks, sectors and head information. The FAT assigns the data location.Hard drives uses DEFRAG to keep the data together and reduce the time to access it. Solid State Drives like Memory Sticks and the HXR-FMU128 use formatting to erase the data location but not the actual data. To erase the actual data the media requires a ‘MEDIA ERASE’. Solid State Drives do not need to be DEFRAGED because access speed is not a problem.

Return to posts index

Curtis Anderson
on Mar 23, 2010 at 5:52:08 pm

"no dedicated NXCAM forum here yet". Is this still true or can you suggest one?

ALSO: Question about the DK-415 cable to operate the NXCAM from AC power.
None came with the unit, yet the OM shows it listed and how to use it. For the life of me, I don't see a place to connect AC to the NX5U. Looks like the NX5U works only off the battery and the battery must be removed to be charged, at least eiyh what comes with the unit shipped.

Return to posts index

Curtis Anderson
on Mar 23, 2010 at 8:54:01 pm

Solved my own problem. With so much excitement unpacking the NXCAM, I overlooked what I would call a “paddle board” with build-in cable trying to find what the OM calls a “connecting cord”. Having owned a number on Sony camcorders, this model caught me off-guard. The NXCAM battery must be removed off the camcorder to change it AND it must be removed to power the unit from AC using a “paddle board” that Sony calls a “connecting cord”. Oh well, back to testing the unit.

Return to posts index

Luis Hernandez
on Mar 24, 2010 at 1:47:51 am

Hello guys, do you have any updates in the NX5 dual recording problem i am very interested in this camera and now I have no idea what to do, does any one has experience with the EX1 or EX3 cameras
and how reliable or can it be compare this cameras to the NX5?

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Mar 24, 2010 at 5:38:57 am

[Luis Hernandez] "does any one has experience with the EX1 or EX3 cameras and how reliable or can it be compare this cameras to the NX5? "

You might have difficulty getting an answer about the reliability of the new NX5 because it hasn't been out long enough to build a track record. The EX1 and EX3 cameras have a good track record in terms of reliability and ease of use. I was an EX1 owner when they came out and these cameras were not without some problems at first but those issues have since been rectified.

If the new NX5 interests you and is something that your shooting style can benefit from then by all means buy one. Like all early adopters, myself included, you pays your money and you takes your chances. I'm sure any minor issues with these new cameras will be dealt with in a timely fashion.

- Don

Return to posts index

Adam Welz
on Mar 24, 2010 at 5:53:06 am

Hi Don

There are serious 'buffer overflow' issues with the NX5 that are being discussed in depth in another forum. Unfortunately Creative Cow has neither created an NX5 forum yet, nor does it allow links to the other forum (it prevents me from posting anything containing the URL for that forum, presumably because of some ridiculous feeling that the other forum is a 'rival') so you'll have to go elsewhere to find out about it.

Cheers

Adam

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Mar 24, 2010 at 5:18:29 pm

[Adam Welz] "so you'll have to go elsewhere to find out about it. "

So noted. Thanks, Adam.

- Don

Return to posts index

Luis Hernandez
on Mar 25, 2010 at 12:37:39 am

Than you Don, I know there is no track for the nx5 yet, but my question is regarding color reproduction and low light conditions, compare to the ex1 let say since the sensors are 1/3 and no 1/2, is there any problems in low light, thank you for any info. on this points.

Luis

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Mar 25, 2010 at 6:31:09 pm

The low light capabilities of the NX5 are not going to be as good as the EX cameras because of the difference in sensor size. This is just physics. Also, in order of picture quality it's generally accepted that they occur in the following order:

• HDV
  • AVCHD
  • MPEG2-35mbits/sec

For further info why not follow the ongoing discussion in this thread:

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/142/870227

- Don

Return to posts index

preston mullins
on Jul 5, 2010 at 7:39:34 am

I know it's been a while, but has there been any final resolution to the buffering problem? I just bought this camera and I've used the heck out of it, luckily with no problems whatsoever. I have not used the 128gig hard drive and I have not simultaniously recorded, so maybe that's why I haven't come across the issue.

Return to posts index

Gary Acey
on Oct 30, 2010 at 1:30:56 pm

The problem was resolved with the Version 2.0 firmware upgrade. If your camera has the version 1.0 firmware installed, download the version 2.0 firmware upgrade at the URL below...

http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/micro-nxcamsite/resource.downloads.bbsccms-ass...

Return to posts index

Luiz Oliveira
on Oct 16, 2011 at 8:31:59 am

I am posting a brand new thing that maybe none of you guys noticed.

Grab your Sony HXR NX-5 right now and you will see this MAJOR software bud on this camera.

Guess what... When you zoom (fast or veeeery slow) (either top, side or ring) will cause the VU audio meter to FREEZE!!!! This is MAJOR, unacceptable because as long as you are zooming, it will freeze the audio display. This does NOT affect the sound being recorded but you will lose the ability to precisely MONITOR your audio levels at critical times.

This is critical at a wedding reception, especially when doing interviews as every guest speaks in different levels, some soft, loud, others don't hold the mic close enough, others hold it too close. another critical thing is during the vows where you need to think fast adjusting the volume, expecting the camera to be able to respond as fast.

This freeze takes 2 very long seconds (o...1...2) to go away after you stop zooming. another thing i do is to hook-up a Sony UWP-V6 system straight from the DJ's mixer to my camera.

Unlike Canon, Sony does not provide a "firmware update" for the camera and i don't want to send this there, ASSUMING Sony will fix this before 2015...If they care to fix.

I have this camera for 4 days. I called B&H and explained the problem. I asked the guy to check the display unit. SAME problem!

I have never seen this in my life. This is my 9th camera from Sony. What does the zoom have to do with the audio display?!

Another thing I hate about this camera is that it lacks many features found on my Z7u. Here is one: Both the Z7 and the NX5 have the ability to custom white balance on PRESET (not just the A and B)so far so good. The problem is that my Z7u displays in Kelvin degrees in 100 increments while the NX5 displays from -7 to +7 in 1000 increments losing your ability to fine tune. This was great because i never had to white balance anything. Just turn the dial and you have perfect WB. Go outside and set it to 5500K. Go back inside and set to 2300K... This is great when shooting concerts or any situation that finding a white or grey surface is impossible.

about the zoom / audio meter, does anybody have the same problem? B&H display and I do.

Please reply!!

Thanks!!

Return to posts index

Robert Boni
on Oct 17, 2011 at 1:31:43 am

Luis, mine does as well. Purchased last December 2010 from BH. Not a big deal but it is kinda strange. I love this camera! I need another but waiting on that new Panasonic arriving November 2011.

Return to posts index

Ravi Chandransr
on Jun 13, 2015 at 8:48:42 am

sony hxr nx5p video camera is a bad camera , after just 1 year of use the camera hangs after 15mts only, the camera has to be shutdown by removing the battery when the camera is on,

its a R&d Fault of the camera, sony camera cannot handle minor power fluctuations , it not built for long use, morever sony service charges half the camera cost for servicing mother board problem, and lens also is very weak, professionals should avoid sony cameras for instability and weak motherboard and lenses
sony service centre charges ver high spare costs for motherboard and lenses ,which is there problem in R&d
half of camera they charge ,for motherboards around Rs.65000 and lenses around Rs50,000

they donot accept their mistakes, its problem with all sony hi end cameras

please dont buy sony professional cameras ,they charge tooo much for service

Return to posts index

Robert Boni
on Jun 13, 2015 at 12:00:37 pm

Greetings Ravi,
My NX5 had to be serviced about 2 years after purchased. Had the same symptoms as yours. Sony said it was damage to the mother board caused by me placing / forcing the memory card in upside down. Total BS! They had me by the bells. Being a Sony ex-employee in Culver City got me a discount on a very expensive repair. Really wanted to argue with him but like I said, the grip was tight. So far, camera has been good with no issues for $1300.00. This is definitely a Sony issue and it's really sad that they treat loyal customers in this fashion. Do really like the camera btw. You will let me know when the lambs stop screaming

Return to posts index

Ravi Chandransr
on Jun 14, 2015 at 6:31:29 am

thanks for your feed back, sony should stop charging too much for spares and make their models more rigid,and guard against electrical variations during operations,, they should have a mini board or fuse protected against any electrical fluctuations and protect the main board against any power fluctuations,

its a thorough Sony R&D problem for which they are making money through exhorhibident service charges, wake up sony before u start loosing customers,
this hxr nx5p camera also has lots of lens problem from professional group words

please replace my mother board if u want loyal customers , & free of charge ... my phone 9880004567/ravi-india bangalore

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]