FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon 5d vs Sony fs100

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vader Jacob
Canon 5d vs Sony fs100
on Aug 21, 2011 at 8:56:18 am

Hello,

I'm thinking about buying a new camera, but i can't decide between the canon 5d and the sony fs100.
I've been watching a lot of fs100 videos and honestly they don't have that cinematic look (dof) like a 5d has. I read they have the same size sensor. But 5d in my opinion looks better. How is that possible?

(FS100 is a winner in the build quality qua operating)

Kind regards,
Vader

Return to posts index

Uli Plank
Re: Canon 5d vs Sony fs100
on Aug 23, 2011 at 6:50:14 am

Sorry, but the 5D doesn't have a cinematic look – it goes considerably beyond that with it's 35mm photographic sensor. Have a look at this:

The FS100 has a S-35 cinema sensor – exactly the size of a 35mm frame as presented in theaters all over the world with the same DOF characteristics.

If you like to constantly fight with focus, a crappy LCD, aliasing, moiré and a poor audio section, get a 5D. (If you want to shoot excellent photos, get a 5D too)

But if you want to make films, get the FS100 if you can't afford the F3!

Director of the Institute of Media Research (IMF) at Braunschweig University of Arts

Return to posts index

Alex King
on Aug 30, 2011 at 1:41:30 pm

I am in the same dilemma. What to do ?!!!!!!!! I really want to get a Sony Nex-fs100 but it is so expensive. One thing I've noticed is that the FS100 is straight up, a movie camera. I don't think it can take still pictures, such as the dual role of the 5D. I thought about the 5D, but the knowing the fact that a Mark III will be out soon will irk me everyday.

A good cheaper option due out soon would be the Sony A77 and VG20.

Return to posts index

Uli Plank
on Aug 30, 2011 at 6:12:02 pm

Another solution that doubles for film and photography would be the Panny GH2 – especially now that it was hacked by Vasilij Kiselev.

Director of the Institute of Media Research (IMF) at Braunschweig University of Arts

Return to posts index

Ali Maleki
on Mar 22, 2013 at 6:28:30 pm

I wonder what camera did you buy? fs100 or 5D. I'm at the same situation and can not decide.

Ali Maleki
DOP, Producer
Soosmar Media Inc - Corporate Video Productions

http://www.SoosmarMedia.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]