FORUMS: list search recent posts

Filming a computer screen?

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Kunz
Filming a computer screen?
on Aug 12, 2011 at 9:21:38 pm

I'm trying to film a flat panel LCD screen for a video I'm making. For some reason, the camera is making some really ugly gray lines show up on the monitor. Is there a way for the computer screen to appear naturally on the video? I'm using a Sony NX5U.

Thanks

Return to posts index

john lenihan
Re: Filming a computer screen?
on Aug 12, 2011 at 10:24:14 pm

The problem is that both the computer screen and the camera are not actually showing all the pixels at the same time. They are scanning.

Your eye is too slow to notice but the camera is not.

Three options.
1. Change the refresh rate on your computer screen to faster and slower and see if it goes away.
2. Leave the computer refresh alone, and shoot the camera at variousl speeds, like 60i, 30p, 24p. Generally the longer that the camera aperature is open, the less chance of that happening.
3. If the item on the lcd screen, is, actually coming from a computer, you an use a program like Camtasia to capture it and convert it directly into a video without your camera.

John Lenihan

John Lenihan

LeniCam Video Productions
http://www.lenicamvideoproductions.com

Return to posts index

Benoit Rouleau
on Aug 29, 2011 at 3:49:36 pm

You may also try turning SteadyShot off. I don't know the technical reason for this, but it seems to have an effect.

Return to posts index

Ken Mitchell
on Feb 6, 2012 at 2:29:34 pm

If you are just trying to capture the screen only try using a screen capture program.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]