FORUMS: list search recent posts

Unable to Load Clean NEX-FS100U Files to FC

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas Hughes
Unable to Load Clean NEX-FS100U Files to FC
on Aug 9, 2011 at 8:34:27 pm

We're shooting with the Sony NEX-FS100U. What is the best software to convert AVCHD video files to a format that is compatible with Final Cut? We tried to use Emicsoft AVCHD converter to convert the AVCHD files to a QuickTime movie and the file was viewable but it was very choppy and basically unusable. Is there a better converter or a better file format to convert to? tx

Thomas H

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: Unable to Load Clean NEX-FS100U Files to FC
on Aug 9, 2011 at 9:31:06 pm

Hi Thomas,

You may want to try ClipWrap, which will add an .mov wrapper to the clip without transcoding. (It can also transcode to ProRes but the re-wrap is much faster.)

FCP will take the files via Log and Transfer and transcode to ProRes during import but only if the files are in the original AVCHD directory structure. It will not recognize loose .mts files.

Hope this helps..

Ian

Return to posts index

Uli Plank
on Aug 10, 2011 at 9:24:37 am

As long as you have the file structure intact, FCP's Log & Transfer will do a good job, you can even change metadata there or shorten clips down before transcoding.

Director of the Institute of Media Research (IMF) at Braunschweig University of Arts

Return to posts index

David Speace
on Aug 16, 2011 at 7:21:39 pm

There's a program called Voltaic (free or very inexpensive). The website is Shedworx.com

Dave Speace
Producer/Director/DP
DZP Video

Windows 7, 64 Bit, i7 8 Core, 16Gb Ram, GeForce 4800

Return to posts index

David Temmesfeld
on Aug 16, 2011 at 8:06:05 pm

I am having the same type of problem with importing into Adobe Premiere CS5.5. I can't seem to find a good work flow that adds timecode and lets me log the footage so I can keep it organized. The CMU tool that sony gives you to use kind of sucks. Does anyone have a good solution?

Return to posts index

Sean Thomas
on Sep 7, 2011 at 12:20:04 am

I shot 60p footage with my FS100. Hooked up the USB cable to the Mac and used FPC7 log and trans.

FCP would only recognize the files that I shot using slow-mo and not my regular 60p files.

BTW - the slow-mo files looked horrible - low rez and interlaced.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Laura Wood
on Sep 7, 2011 at 12:52:46 am

FCP can easily recognize your files with a whole structure by "log and transfer". but if the AVCHD files isn't in a whole folder, u can use a MTS converter with prores output.

-------------------------------------------------
Laura
Laura Wood

Return to posts index

Sean Thomas
on Nov 14, 2011 at 9:35:45 am

FYI - FCP can not read AVCHD 60p files. That was my problem and I have since posted a proper workflow for 60p.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]