FORUMS: list search recent posts

FS100U and Sony CMU software

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Temmesfeld
FS100U and Sony CMU software
on Aug 2, 2011 at 8:40:25 pm

I am working on a project that was shot on the new Sony FS100U camera. I am using the Sony CMU software to import the footage into a folder on my computer. When I play it through the CMU software I hear audio but when I play it in windows media player or in Premiere pro CS5.5 there is no audio. Has anyone had this problem? I need to have audio on my clips. Is there a setting in the software that is excluding audio when importing that I do not know about or is there a plug in for AVCHD audio for Windows 7 and Adobe Products. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Return to posts index

john lenihan
Re: FS100U and Sony CMU software
on Aug 3, 2011 at 12:50:54 am

Possible reason A.

If the FS100u is similar to the NX5u, There are two possible ways of recording audio on the camera.

1. AC3, which is a compressed format.
2. Or LPCM, which is a digital non compressed format.

Virtually all consumer cameras that use AVCHD are using the compressed AC3 audio format.

Therefore, windows media player and some editors, by default assume the ac3 audio if it sees avchd video. If you recorded in LPCM you may need to manually tell premier what you are doing.

Possible reason B. You actually shot the audio in ac3. In order for windows media player to play it you need an ac3 decoder plug in. They are available free, although I think I found mine while poking around the cineform site.

Once you have the ac3 decoder registered on your computer, the various playback mechanisms should all be able to find it.

John Lenihan

John Lenihan

LeniCam Video Productions
http://www.lenicamvideoproductions.com

Return to posts index

David Temmesfeld
on Aug 3, 2011 at 2:18:53 am

Thanks for the response. I found out the audio was recorded in LPCM which I found out does not work well with Windows media player or PPRo. Now I need to find out how to extract that audio. Do you have any suggestions? How do I manually tell Premiere that I am using this audio because when I import the clips there is no audio attached.

Return to posts index

john lenihan
on Aug 3, 2011 at 2:39:03 am

David,

I use Sony Vegas, so I am not able to help you with premiere.

Here are some general ideas.
1. Check the premiere posts
2. If you have Sound Forge, you can open the video/audio file and convert the audio to a different format then save the video/audio file.
3. If you have Neoplayer from Cineform, you can convert the video/audio file into an HD avi file using the Cineform codec. Then premiere should open it.

john

John Lenihan

LeniCam Video Productions
http://www.lenicamvideoproductions.com

Return to posts index

Bill Ravens
on Aug 7, 2011 at 12:04:31 pm

Strangely enough, Adobe After Effects, as well as Adobe Media Encoder, will read LPCM audio in Sony AVCHD.

Return to posts index

David Temmesfeld
on Aug 16, 2011 at 8:07:50 pm

I did not try AE but I could not get the footage to recompress with audio in media encoder.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]