FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem with Pixilation with the NEX-FS100U Camera

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas Hughes
Problem with Pixilation with the NEX-FS100U Camera
on Jul 12, 2011 at 8:28:26 pm

I have a question about the NEX-FS100U. If this is the wrong forum, please suggest the correct one. Tx
We bought it with the 120GB back, the HXR-FMU128, which uses USB as it’s connector when loading to edit. We took delivery Thursday, did tests Thursday & Friday then shot with it Saturday. We shot 1080/60i, bit rate: FX - 24mb/sec. We loaded it to FC using Clipwrap pro-rez 422 and watched it. We also loaded it as QT files to the Mac and watched it that way too. When watched on the camera’s monitor, the footage is perfect. When watched on the edit suite, whenever there’s movement, it has unacceptable levels of pixilation.
We’ve tried several different ways of loading it to the suite and we always end up with the pixilation.
How do we get rid of the pixilation? Did we shoot on the wrong setting or are we diging the footage incorrectly? Thanks for any input.

Thomas H

Return to posts index

David Eaks
Re: Problem with Pixilation with the NEX-FS100U Camera
on Jul 12, 2011 at 10:50:30 pm

Recording in 1080i60 in FX should look great, since playback looks perfect on-camera there must be a problem with your method of transfer to FCP.

I cant speak to the NEX-FS100U OR HXR-FMU128 specifically but with my NX5U's (w/ SDHC Cards), I do the following.

Copy the entire recorded media to the computer (be sure to keep the original folder structure in-tact, no fussing with individual files/folders).

Open it (the "private" folder) in FCP's "log and Transfer" window. Set the name, clip counter etc.. Begin transfer.

Edit the beautiful resulting Prores clips.

Return to posts index

Douglas Villalba
on Jul 14, 2011 at 12:25:44 am

Are you viewing it on an external monitor or the computer's? I've heard stories of people viewing the footage on computer monitors with resolution lower than 1080 that showed strange pixelation, but when the same footage was viewed on a high resolution monitor it looked great. Another reason could be interlaced footage on LCDs, LEDs or Plasmas.

Douglas Villalba

http://www.advertising-villa.com

info@dvtvproductions.com

Chroma-Key - Studio, Decklink HD Extreme, HVX200, A1 & HV20. VDSLR, GlideTrack, Rails, GlideCam, Jib

Return to posts index

Michael Johnston
on Jul 15, 2011 at 5:28:49 am

You can do a search on Amy forum and you'll see a lot of people have been having issues using NXCAM AVCHD footage in FCP. However, I can say that my footage from my NX5U dies not look great on my laptop in Premiere either but is amazing once its exported and viewed in Windows Media Player. I think it really is just viewing an interlaced video on a progressive scan laptop display. I hope you figure it out. I try to stay away from AVID & FCP because of their lack of willingness to allow all formats to be used natively in those programs. No reason MPEG2 & AVCHD can not be used natively in those programs.

Return to posts index

Uli Plank
on Jul 19, 2011 at 9:37:29 am

I get excellent results in Premiere Pro Cs 5.5 on a beefy machine (8-core, 24 GB RAM).

Director of the Institute of Media Research (IMF) at Braunschweig University of Arts

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]