FORUMS: list search recent posts

Which cheaper camera matches up well w/ NXcam 5u?

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charles Grinbaum
Which cheaper camera matches up well w/ NXcam 5u?
on Jul 6, 2011 at 5:52:46 pm

I currently own to Sony NXcam 5U's. I have a switcher and would like to be able to switch to a third camera. Preferably of course another NXCam 5U, but buying another one in my current situation at $3,9995 (Amazon lowest price) is not possible in my current budget.

Is there a comparable camera to the NXCam 5U that will give me a look that will match up closely when I cut from one camera to the next. When I asked this question to my local camera dealer who has become a buddy of mine over the years, he noticed that price was a major factor for me so he suggested I purchase two Canon Vixia HFS200's.

I did just that, but unfortunately, when I line these Canon Vixia HFS200's with the Sony NXVCam's, they don't match up very well at all. The hard truth is I ma go ing to have to sell these Vixia HFS 200's.

Is there a camera on the market that I can get for less then $3,9995 that will match up to my Sony NXCam 5'u (Preferably around 2,000-2,500???

I looked into the HDR AX 2000H Sony. Which is $3,500 and a slightly easier on my budget price point, then I read this scathing review on Amazon on it's live filming capabilities. http://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A1GOFS5IWZ2OPZ/ref=cm_cr_pr_pdp
Being $3,500 is already out of my budget, but with a review like that, it makes it even harder to commit to the HDR AX 2000H.

I am open to selling my two NXcam 5U's and definitly the two HFS200 I just bought so I can acquire 3 cameras that are decent quality and look the same on the switch. Any pointers???

Thanks in advance for your help.

Return to posts index

john lenihan
Re: Which cheaper camera matches up well w/ NXcam 5u?
on Jul 6, 2011 at 6:07:00 pm

In my humble opinion you are wasting your time trying to get a different camera to match up.

You could spend a lot of time and money, but the only way to tell for sure is to line them up and compare them.
On the NX5U there are a number of profile controls. Have you tried creating a custom profile to match the third camera you bought?

Also, Some switchers allow you the ability to prefilter the signal with color correction before the switching to try and match cameras.

John Lenihan

John Lenihan

LeniCam Video Productions
http://www.lenicamvideoproductions.com

Return to posts index

Charles Grinbaum
on Jul 6, 2011 at 6:43:58 pm

John,

I think your right. Yes, I tried lining up the picture profiles etc. Issue is, not even the two Canon VIXia's are matching up with each other! Even when I put their two settings to directly automatic mode.

Going to sell the two Vixias, advertise my business as a two camera shooting operation and if someone requests a third camera, I'll rent one for the gig until i can ramp up and buy a third NXcam 5U.
Thanks for your insight!!!

Return to posts index

Michael Johnston
on Jul 9, 2011 at 7:05:56 pm

I shot a few events recently where I used the NX5U as the primary camera and a Sony HD1000U as the secondary and was able to match them near perfectly by adjusting the image on the NX5 in the picture profile setting. These events were outside with good lighting.

If what your shooting is lit well, that could be a cheap option but don't use the HD1000U in low light situations.

Hope you figure it out.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]