FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lens adapter for Sony HXR NX5

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vader Jacob
Lens adapter for Sony HXR NX5
on Mar 8, 2011 at 6:31:08 pm

Hello,

I'm just wondering if there is or if there will be a lens adapter for the Sony NX5 cam. So you can put like 35mm lenses on it.

Greetings,
Vader

Return to posts index

Joseph Morgan
Re: Lens adapter for Sony HXR NX5
on Mar 9, 2011 at 9:04:48 am

Hi,

I had a look at a number of third party 35mm lens adapters over the past few weeks (Sony don't do one). Here's an interesting article that looks at a few of them.

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?124043-HERE-YOU-GO.-My-M2-Brevis-S...

Personally, I went with the Cinevate's Brevis MP2 as portability/lightweight is an issue for me.... but it would have been really easy to have chosen one of the others.

I think the main thing I did learn from the investigation is that the quality of the 35mm lens you stick on the front is at least equally as important as the adapter kit. The Brevis has an older Nikon mount which will allow me to put a really good, fast Zeiss lens on it.

Can't report any results on the Brevis yet as it only arrived a couple of days ago and I am up to my ears at the moment so haven't the time to really try it out until next week or the week after.

Please drop me an email if you want to know more - josephmorgan at dublin dot com

Cheers,

Joseph

Joseph in Ireland with his new NX5

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]