FORUMS: list search recent posts

NXCam workflow with Premiere Pro on Mac

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Diamond
NXCam workflow with Premiere Pro on Mac
on Feb 18, 2011 at 2:55:10 pm

What is the best workflow for importing NXCam footage onto a Mac for use in Premiere Pro? I'll be using very long clips and I'm concerned about joining spanned and split clips. I saw that the Sony Content Management Utility is used for this, but it appears to be supported on Windows only.

Thanks,

Rick Diamond

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: NXCam workflow with Premiere Pro on Mac
on Feb 18, 2011 at 3:21:08 pm

Unfortunately, no, the CMU software is Windows Only. You should be able to manually join the spanned files on the timeline in Premiere.

Return to posts index

Rick Diamond
on Feb 18, 2011 at 3:25:35 pm

Thank you Ian. By the way, do you know if there are any plans for FCP to handle AVCHD without having to transcode to Pro Res?

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Feb 18, 2011 at 3:29:34 pm

I can't say with any responsible certainty but my best guess is that this will not happen, at least not anytime soon. You do have the option of using ClipWrap to re-wrap to .mov, and ClipWrap does have the capability of re-connecting spanned files when re-wrapping.

Ian

Ian Cook
Sony Broadcast and Professional Company

Return to posts index

Rick Diamond
on Feb 18, 2011 at 3:46:25 pm

I normally use EX footage and re-wrap to mov using XDCam transfer. Never heard of Clip Wrap. Can you point me to it?

Thanks,

Rick

Return to posts index

Scott Dudgeon
on Mar 25, 2011 at 2:14:00 pm

I am having a similar issue, I am using a Sony NX Cam and using Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 on a Mac. When manually put all the clips together in Premiere Pro there is a blip in the audio and video between each segment. I am using a Mac so I can't use the CMU. Is there a way to fix this. Putting together spanned clips that without the blip in audio and video?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Mar 25, 2011 at 2:48:02 pm

If you import using the PPro Media Browser the files are automatically re-connected without any breaks. See the following post:

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/298/463

Return to posts index

Scott Dudgeon
on Mar 28, 2011 at 1:34:20 pm

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Scott Dudgeon
on May 19, 2011 at 1:56:00 pm

Premiere Pro is not letting me import the MTS file off the memory card. Says "unsupported compression type". When I copy the file to hard drive and import it, it has no problem. This wouldn't be a big deal except for the problem mentioned above. Has Sony come out with a content manager for Mac yet? Why is Premiere Pro not letting me imprort off the memory card?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]