FORUMS: list search recent posts

Studio use & PTZF control

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Fazzio
Studio use & PTZF control
on Feb 2, 2011 at 5:04:37 pm

I need to replace old robotic ENG cameras in a well controlled classroom/TV studio. I love my portable HXR-NX5U and would love to install 4 of them in the room. (3 chip just seems so much better than 1 chip.) Use would vary 0 to 20 hours a week, 3-6 hours being a "normal" week.

Main constraint would be the ability to remotely Pan/Tilt/Zoom/Focus the cameras. I use and love my Grizzly Pro system for remote shoots, but I want something smoother for the classroom. Will need to mount the cameras from the lighting grid, not the walls.

Also, would anyone be concerned about leaving the NXCam on all the time? Or regularly powering on/off by cutting the power instead of using the on-board switch?

tl;dr Want to use NXCam as installed studio camera. How to operate them remotely and concern about power cycle?

Return to posts index

john lenihan
Re: Studio use & PTZF control
on Feb 2, 2011 at 6:30:12 pm

Tom,

My recomendation for remote turn on and off is to use the LANC connector and extend a wire to a Lanc control switch(es) in your control room. It allows you to zoom, and shut the camera on and off.

John Lenihan

John Lenihan

LeniCam Video Productions
http://www.lenicam.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]