FORUMS: list search recent posts

NXCAM and CS4

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nigel O'Neill
NXCAM and CS4
on Dec 5, 2010 at 1:56:36 pm

Any suggestions how I get NXCAM 1920x1080 from a Sony NX5 to work in Premiere CS4? Video is conformed okay, but all I get for the audio track is literally white noise.

The footage plays okay in the clip browser, but not in CS4.

I tried delinking the audio from an mpeg 720x576 stream and then linked that with the HD vision footage, but the footage differs by 10 frames when placed on the time line.

Intel i7 920, 12GB RAM, ASUS P6T, Vegas Pro 10 (X64), Vista x64 Ultimate, Vegas Production Assistant 1.0, VASST Ultimate S 4.1

Return to posts index

john lenihan
Re: NXCAM and CS4
on Dec 7, 2010 at 6:48:27 pm

It may have to do with the audio format.

NXCAM can record in PCM or in AC3. What ever you recorded in, Premiere may think that it is the opposite.

John Lenihan

John Lenihan

LeniCam Video Productions
http://www.lenicam.com

Return to posts index

Nigel O'Neill
on Dec 7, 2010 at 9:47:33 pm

John

Thanks.

Any audio/video sync issues during export? I have since seen the Dolby Digital solution, but have come across other posts suggesting audio and video lose sync during export.

Intel i7 920, 12GB RAM, ASUS P6T, Vegas Pro 10 (x32/x64), Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, Vegas Production Assistant 1.0, VASST Ultimate S Pro 4.1, Neat Video Pro 2.6

Return to posts index

john lenihan
on Dec 7, 2010 at 10:02:59 pm

Nigel,

I don't use the export function.

I just copy the files from the memory unit to a folder on my computer. Then open vegas and import all the files in the folder. Then drag them into the timeline.

I have not had audio sync problems within the files.

I am having audio sync problems with independently recorded audio syncing with the audio from the camera. After 3 hours they are off about 1/4 second.

Your footer says you are using Vegas, why the question about CS4?
John

John Lenihan

LeniCam Video Productions
http://www.lenicam.com

Return to posts index

Nigel O'Neill
on Dec 8, 2010 at 10:28:06 am

I am advising someone in an edit and he uses CS4. He has Vegas 9 Pro but only has it cos it came with the camera which he just got. He wants to edit in CS4 as he has lots of experience, so I am suggesting he uses Vegas to render it out as an HDV 1440/1080i intermediary file, and bring that into CS4.

We tried changing the audio to Dolby Digital on his NX5. Ingests and edits fine in CS4, but throws up a 'transcode error' during CS4 export. HDV is fine, so we are trying to get everything to HDV to start with.

His schedule does not permit learning a new tool, unless I do it, but I have 5 edits plus a regular job, and I am trying to keep it within his capabilities and tools (and out of my work load!).

Intel i7 920, 12GB RAM, ASUS P6T, Vegas Pro 10 (x32/x64), Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, Vegas Production Assistant 1.0, VASST Ultimate S Pro 4.1, Neat Video Pro 2.6

Return to posts index

Michael Johnston
on Jun 14, 2011 at 6:06:25 pm

I'm on Adobe as well. First thing I did when I got the NX5 was shoot a few quick clips with an audio check and load them in my NLE to make sure everything worked. First test, I had the same white noise. The NX5 is set to record LPCM audio right out of the box. I switched the setting to Dolby digital AC3 and now have no problems. Have never been able to get my system to accept the LPCM audio.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]