FORUMS: list search recent posts

"Mark clips" equivalent?

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Coons
"Mark clips" equivalent?
on Nov 9, 2010 at 9:06:30 pm

I'm new to the NXCAM from a Panasonic P2 system, where I used the "mark clip" function frequently to delete unwanted clips in the field. I've looked through the assign button menus but so far haven't been able to find an equivalent to marking clips -- I'm assuming one exists somewhere, right?

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

john lenihan
Re: "Mark clips" equivalent?
on Nov 10, 2010 at 2:38:28 am

Hi Rob,

I just checked my manual, and I don't see anything that looks like a mark clips. Perhaps someone else might be able to chime in.

For my personal interest, what makes you want to delete unwanted clips in the field? It seems like a pretty dangerous thing to do.

Why not bring them all back and make a decision in the safety of your computer, where you can have a backup in case you deleted the wrong one or find some cutaway material on a clip?

John

John Lenihan

LeniCam Video Productions
http://www.lenicam.com

Return to posts index

Rob Coons
Re: "Mark clips" equivalent?
on Nov 10, 2010 at 4:02:20 am

I shoot primarily sports and often am in a crunch to edit and turn highlights around as quickly as possible. Deleting unnecessary clips during timeouts or halftime helps me to streamline my ingest and edit work flow.

It is a bit risky, I admit, but in five years of working with P2 I've only accidentally deleted a clip I still needed once. *Knock on wood*

I find it an extremely helpful feature and am disappointed that it sounds like Sony doesn't have it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]