FORUMS: list search recent posts

a format error has occured in memory card B

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
wolfram schregenberger
a format error has occured in memory card B
on Oct 27, 2010 at 12:55:57 am

HI everyone,

I'm new to the forum and I hope anyone can help me out. I have two memory cards on my nxcam: IN slot A a memory stick Produo magicgate 32GBmark2 and in slot B SDHC integral ultimaPRO 32GB 6.
although the A slot card memory stickproduo was empty, I was filming with the B card.
when the B card was full I received a window with a message on my nxcam screen saying something, unfortunately I can' remember what excatly, but it was about " recovering data and some data might get lost " I clicked on yes..................but after that I received only the "format error has occured message"......
every time I turn on my NXCAM on I see this message "format error" and then the yellow B sign blinking.

the camera wasn't shaken badly , nor did it fall on the ground.the handling of the hardware was careful. I also can't explain why the cmaera dind't change from card B to card A as it does from card A to card B when card A is full.

I wish I hadn't pressed the buttons so fast ( my uncareful part), .. the B card footage doesn't seem to be recognizeable by my NXCAM nor by my computer anymore and when I connect the USB cable it's always asking for formatting the memory B card..

BUT what I want is the footage not formatting.
anyone has any idea how to deal with this and how tp make the data readabale.I hope they aren't lost, but I'm preparing for the worst..

thank you in adavance for reading :)

Return to posts index

john lenihan
Re: a format error has occured in memory card B
on Oct 27, 2010 at 1:57:30 am

Welcome to the group.

I recommend calling Sony tech support right away.
Assuming you are in the United States the number is (800) 883-6817 then press choices 2,5,2

They are very helpful.

My second recommendation is as soon as you can to get the 128gig memory pack for the side and not use those cards. In my opinion they are way to fragile.

Have you tried pluggin the card into your computer sd reader and what does your computer say?

You may be able to plug the card into your computers memory card reader and do hard disk recovery. I was able to recover my entire video hard drive after reformating it with one of these recovery programs.

John

John Lenihan

LeniCam Video Productions
http://www.lenicam.com

Return to posts index

rodrigo fajardo
on Oct 27, 2010 at 9:10:15 pm

Hi try turning off camcorder, take off the cards and then press the small reset hole found in the keyboard with a clip, then turn on the camcorder and release the reset pin. insert the insane card and try to repair the media by doing the procedure found in the manual, it is very easy. i guess it is: menu, manage media and then repair media files.

if it doesnt work, copy the whole card to a folder in a computer to have a back up, and try to get back files by using a third party mts converter. maybe telestreamĀ“s or voltaic, ive heard those are good.

dont forget to use a fast enough SDHC card, i always use cat 6 or higher and use same brand approved SDHC cards.

best

Rodrigo

Return to posts index

wolfram schregenberger
on Oct 29, 2010 at 12:39:12 am

thank you, I do that, I found a program too called cardrecovery works very well and I could get all my videos back :)

Return to posts index

Shaun Cullen
on Nov 7, 2011 at 5:09:10 am

Hi Rodrigo,

Sorry I know this is an old post but I thought you might know how to help me.
My problem is similar to the one in this thread.
I have a Sony HXR NX5P.
I was shooting today mainly on to card a when that had 20 min left I swapped over to card b.
While shooting everything looked fine but after dumping card a I then tried to USB connect card b. I was then given the error message there is a formatting error with card a.
The main problem I have now is that I cannot even copy the contents of the card onto my hard drive and do a mts conversion like I have done in the past.
Do you know of any way I can fix this problem.
Any help is much appreciated.

Shaun

Return to posts index

rodrigo fajardo
on Nov 8, 2011 at 4:04:21 pm

Hi Shaun, did you format the card before start recording? it is always a good practice to do. Do you have issues with card B? Can you see any information related to the Card A? Just to be sure, the card ins write protected, right?

If you cant see the card from a computer, try first from a PC windows the try from a MAC sometimes it works and you get able to see content.

I wait for your answer to continue.

best

Return to posts index

wolfram schregenberger
on Nov 9, 2011 at 4:40:47 pm

HI Shaun, can you see the card on your PC ? if yes you can use the program memory cardrecovery ( just google it )to get your mts files back.

I hope this helps

Return to posts index

wolfram schregenberger
on Oct 29, 2010 at 12:28:45 am

thank you for your prompt reply. Finally I found a small program called cardrecovery.....and works very well I could get all my videos back.
I live in Spain..... but for the detail I write what told me SONY EUROPE and I hope you pass NOT through similar surprises as I did.
When I called the Sony Support TECH SPAIN they let me know as the camera was bought online from Singapur they will not help as it's a professional product they only deal with it when it was bought in Europe ... wtf???? I wish I had known that before.
ONLY CONSUMER products have a worldwide assistance ..apparently professional sony products not.... so they refered me to the online shop where I bought the camcorder.
but for now everything is solved. :)

Return to posts index

john lenihan
on Oct 29, 2010 at 4:34:34 am

Can you give tell us where you purchased the program CardRecovery?

How did you use it? Did you put the card in the computer?

Please give details because it may help others.

THanks
JOhn Lenihan

John Lenihan

LeniCam Video Productions
http://www.lenicam.com

Return to posts index

wolfram schregenberger
on Oct 29, 2010 at 11:35:03 am

I have a slot for memory cards in my notebook. when you go to cardrecovery.com you can buy the program called cardrecovery
if you google cardrecovery you find it to.

It's quite easy to use you put the card into the slot ..the installed programm recognizes the various disks/input storage devices connected...choose the memory card , in my case the shdc and follow the steps according to the manual.
you have to choose with what type of camera you have shot the cuts/movies ...and it will recover the mts files too.
I used the newest version.
it's quite samll and very powerful.

I think it's sufficient if you connect the camera with the card to get the same results, though I haven't tried that.

kind regards :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]