FORUMS: list search recent posts

Live Streaming Video

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Gifford
Live Streaming Video
on Sep 29, 2010 at 2:38:22 pm

I received a request to broadcast a live seminar over the internet. The client is hosting a couple of workshops at some large hotels across the country. They want to have the seminars broadcast on the web. I've contacted several server providers who offer the service. Most want you to connect your camera via firewire to the laptop then to the internet. I have the Sony NXCAM which does not have 1394 output. This camera offers component, USB, Composite and HDMI. Does anyone have experience in setting up the gear to broadcast this scenario? Appreciate any input.

Scott Gifford
Scott Gifford Studios

Return to posts index

Brent Hilgenkamp
Re: Live Streaming Video
on Oct 11, 2010 at 11:00:24 pm

You will need some type of conversion box between your laptop and the camera. What format of streaming will you be doing? Flash/Windows Media/etc

Return to posts index

Scott Gifford
on Oct 12, 2010 at 2:18:42 am

I believe I will output through the composite jacks on the NX5 and into a composite to USB interface attached to the laptop. Not sure about the format as that will be up to the service providers software.

Scott Gifford
Scott Gifford Studios

Return to posts index

Brent Hilgenkamp
on Oct 12, 2010 at 1:03:36 pm

If you're planning on using composite out then I would get a Canopus ADVC-300 or ADVC-1000. I prefer the 1000 because you can tweak the image settings and audio coming in. If I remember correctly there is even an EQ and compressor on the 1000 if you want to use it. The 300 is pretty much a simple analog to DV converter with no way to adjust the image. Anyway, I use both of these boxes for both Windows Media and Flash streaming and they both work fine. Pretty much just hook up your camera and plug the box into your computer and you're ready to go with whatever software is needed for your stream.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Nov 19, 2010 at 3:12:03 am

Many moons later. If only this post was in a streaming related forum where I poke around.

Matrox MXO2Mini works with MacPro (PCIe) or MacBookPro (Express Port). Takes HDMI in.
Blackmagic Intensity Pro, Windows desktop or MacPro. Takes HDMI in.

My streaming weapon of choice is Wirecast which runs on Mac or Windows and can stream either Flash H.264, VP6, WMV (on Windows version), Quicktime H.264 (both Mac and Windows).

You'll probably get better quality than taking analog or converting down to DV/firewire.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]