FORUMS: list search recent posts

New 7.0.3 update to FCP now available for download with enhancements for NXCAM users

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Vasey
New 7.0.3 update to FCP now available for download with enhancements for NXCAM users
on Sep 16, 2010 at 4:29:10 am

UPDATED 9/15/10...I just tested it and FCP 7.0.3 does successfully retain ORIGINAL CAMERA TIMECODE when transcoding to ProRes! The clips do not reset to zero! This plus the LPCM patch is a welcome step in the right direction! (I have not tested the LPCM and recognition of SD clips...but I will probably leave that to other users for now...John

Here's a paraphrase of what's included in this update...(though there is no specific mention of whether original source timecode is retained or not, I will have to run a test)...LPCM patch seems to be in, recognition of SD files...see below...

Final Cut Pro 7.0.3

Adds real-time compatibility with Sony XDCAM HD422 720p24/p25/p30.
Adds Log and Transfer compatibility for Sony NXCAM MPEG2 SD formats.
Control-G now closes the correct gap in the Timeline under the playhead.
Fixes several issues with closed captioning .scc files and Print to Tape/Video including:
Outputting to AJA Io HD now preserves closed caption data.
When outputting the same sequence multiple times, users can choose different .scc files.
Print to Tape/Video no longer hangs with certain types of .scc data and Snow Leopard.
The speed of importing AVCHD with LPCM audio is now similar to other types of AVCHD imports.
AVCHD thumbnail images in SD are now the correct 4:3 aspect ratio.
XML export now retains the carriage return when working with text and third-party applications.
Several memory fragmentation issues have been resolved.
Localized versions of Final Cut Pro now recognize HDV devices that use the 1080i60/1080i50 FireWire Basic Easy Setups.
Log and Transfer supports ingesting more than one format recorded to the same SD card.
Final Cut Pro will no longer occasionally report tape trouble incorrectly when capturing from a tape source.

Other updates include Motion, Color, and Compressor.

Here's the link: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL949

Return to posts index

Carlo Ferraro
Re: New 7.0.3 update to FCP now available for download with enhancements for NXCAM users
on Sep 16, 2010 at 6:23:42 pm

Well I still pass with this one, nothing really new for me to pay 450 AUD for it, perphps some day we will get New DVD Studio with BluRay authoring, if Mr Apple decides it is time to satisfy the patients, sorry, the customers..

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: New 7.0.3 update to FCP now available for download with enhancements for NXCAM users
on Sep 16, 2010 at 11:45:14 pm

We tested 7.0.3 this morning and so far all the improvements work as advertised. The SD support in Log and Transfer is an especially welcome addition. HD clips import with time code and the import time for LPCM-recorded clips is now the same as for Dolby-recorded clips.

One minor disappointment was the lack of time code support for SD files. These do get reset to 00:00:00:00 import.

Enjoy,

Ian

Ian Cook
Sony Broadcast and Professional Company

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]