FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony NEX-FS700 Freezes in Some Frame Rates in RAW Mode

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Barclay Walsh
Sony NEX-FS700 Freezes in Some Frame Rates in RAW Mode
on Jul 19, 2018 at 6:18:47 pm

I am having an issue with my Sony NEX-FS700 w/4k RAW upgrade, running firmware version 3.20, where I cannot switch into most video modes in RAW mode. It can use 4K 24p, 4K 60p, 4K 120p, 2K 24p, and 2K 60p, but it cannot use 4K/2K 30p, 2K 240p, or any of the PAL/50i frame rates. If you attempt to switch the camera into these frame rates, the camera locks up (even the power doesn't work, it just removes the menus but leaves the camera image on the screen) and pulling the battery or AC adapter is the only way to get it to reset. The only way to exit these modes once in is to switch from RAW to HD, change the frame rate, then switch back to a working RAW mode. All frame rates work in HD mode, this issue only affects the RAW upgrade. Additionally, once in these modes, no video is outputted from the 3G-SDI port on the camera.

I only recently got an external recorder, so I hadn't tried these modes until recently. I upgraded the camera firmware from 3.01 to 3.20 in hopes that it would resolve the issue, but it has not. I have never seen these frame rates work, so for all I know, this has always been an issue. I can live without PAL or 30p, but losing 240p in RAW mode is a pretty big disappointment, since the internal codec is very compressed and cannot compare.

I have tried resetting the camera to factory defaults, but the issue still exists. The issue also exists when all accessories and lenses are disconnected from the camera.

I haven't been able to find anyone else with these issues. Does anyone know if there are any additional steps I can take to resolve the issue? Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]