FORUMS: list search recent posts

Swit S-8972 - Replacement battery for Sony NP-F970 with D-TAP socket

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ricardo Marty
Swit S-8972 - Replacement battery for Sony NP-F970 with D-TAP socket
on Feb 28, 2018 at 2:36:07 am

Sorry didn't know where to post this. Knowing the caliber of professionals here I chose this forum. Plus I think this would be of interest to some.

I want this battery to use this battery with a sony fs700 and a kinotehnic evf using the dtap

Anyone has experience with this?

http://www.tripodmarket.com/swit-8972-camera-battery.html

Thanks

Ricardo Marty

Return to posts index

john lenihan
Re: Swit S-8972 - Replacement battery for Sony NP-F970 with D-TAP socket
on Feb 28, 2018 at 3:52:20 pm

Ricardo,

I have these batteries but with the barrel output instead of the dtap.

1. I bought 3 of them and ran them to exhaustion while keeping track of what the remaining time said on the camera monitor and real time of day.

2. I found that they actually lasted longer than the sony 970 brand batteries by about 30 minutes. I was comparing them to 3 brand new sony 970 batteries.

3. However, I found that the camera said that the battery had zero minutes left and started flashing alerts, and it still operated for another 1.5 hours.

4. My conclusion is that from a battery perspective, they are fine, however, if having an accurate prediction of time remaining is important to you, than these might say zero but have time left. If you ignore that, then you end up with it stopping at a potentially inconvenient moment.

5. I also tried another experiment where I plugged in a power supply into that jack on the battery thinking of it as being a wall powered supply with a battery incase someone kicked the wire out. That didn't work and that manufacturer said that port is only for output.

John

John Lenihan

LeniCam Video Productions
http://www.lenicamvideoproductions.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]