FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony NX-5U error code E:61:10

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Rich Kutnick
Sony NX-5U error code E:61:10
on Jan 7, 2018 at 4:24:00 pm

Due to a "slight" monopod mishap yesterday evening shooting a few wedding exteriors (coldest damn day of the year to get married, I must say), my Sony NX-5U now shows me an error code E:61:10. This appears to be a lens issue only (no zoom control or autofocus), but everything else appears to work. No exterior damage whatsoever, just the insides got jostled around a bit. Nothing appears to be loose when I shake it, either. So who has had good personal experiences with Sony repairs (reliable, quick turnaround and reasonable rates)? A quick Google search indicates that this more than likely will be a <$500 expense, but I won't know for sure until I call a repair facility. So who can help me out, please? Thank you in advance.

Rich Kutnick
VIDEO IMPRESSIONS

Return to posts index

john lenihan
Re: Sony NX-5U error code E:61:10
on Jan 7, 2018 at 6:37:51 pm

I recommend you reach out to Sherman Bahr at Video One Repair. I have 5 NX5u's and used to send them to Sony. Sony will repair it for a flat rate.

I started trying out Video One Repair and have sent cameras to them about 5 times. Each time no surprises.

You can talk directly to the technician and he will give you the options on the phone. Fast and dependable.

John

John Lenihan

LeniCam Video Productions
http://www.lenicamvideoproductions.com

Return to posts index

Rich Kutnick
Re: Sony NX-5U error code E:61:10
on Jan 7, 2018 at 6:46:22 pm

You are the second person within a two hour period to recommend highly Sherman Bahr at Video One Repair! Sounds like I'll be giving him a call tomorrow morning! Thanks for the quick reply and referral, John!

Rich Kutnick
VIDEO IMPRESSIONS

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]