FORUMS: list search recent posts

A first

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Hinkel
A first
on Aug 16, 2010 at 3:16:28 am

I am about to buy my first professional camcorder. Why should I consider a NXCAM?

Return to posts index

john lenihan
Re: A first
on Aug 16, 2010 at 5:53:11 am

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the forum. This is a place to share information and pool our understandings to use the Sony NXCAM.

The way you phrase the question makes it sound like you expect one of us to sell the camera to you while you sit back with your arms crossed.

Won't happen.

I suggest reading the posts and replies and research the specs. If you have specific questions, someone can answer it.

You also did not mention the purpose of your purchase. This product is good for some things and not others. So when you ask your questions, tell us what you are trying to accomplish.

John Lenihan

John Lenihan

LeniCam Video Productions
http://www.lenicam.com

Return to posts index

Mike Hinkel
on Aug 16, 2010 at 2:30:14 pm

John, Not only are my arms crossed, but I am sitting nhere shaking my head. I asked the question because I hoped someone would give me a little more insight on the camera pro and con. All I see are features of the camera and some sample video. I know what the forums are for. I have read many threads on many different boards here and value the wealth of knowledge. I am down to choosing a camera with the NXCAM running up front for a lot of reasons.

I will be using the camera to hopefully start my own video business. I need a camera that can be used indoors and out. It is at a price point I can reach. I have a computer and programs that can edit the video. Since the purchase will be an important decision I need to make sure its the right one.

s far as reading the replies and researching the specs I have run into almost everything you would find on any camera. For a camera that came out last year you'd think there would be a comprehensive review good bad or indifferent. If you don't want to help me here, don'At. All of you in business and shooting video started somewhere.

Return to posts index

Jeff Breuer
on Aug 16, 2010 at 4:57:15 pm

Mike,
Here is a decently detailed review of the camera.
http://camcorder-test.slashcam.com/compare.html

I think what John meant is that a "good" camera is not a one size fits all scenario. There is some good info in the forum here and links to even more. I recently purchased the NX5U based on what I read here and the info that some people referred to. It's a great camera and I'm really happy with it. It has a couple drawbacks that may be problematic for your purposes, but it also might be overkill. The Sony AX2000 is the little brother to the NX5 if you don't need timecode sync and some of the more advanced features (filmmakeriq.com did a good review on the camera).

Also don't forget to budget for batteries, media, travel case, etc. That stuff adds up!

Return to posts index

Mike Hinkel
on Aug 16, 2010 at 10:42:10 pm

Thanks for your insight, Jeff. I liked what I saw with the NX5U when researching the myriad of camers out there. I like the 7U also, but that is a stretch, I want to get the most I can for the dollars spent. Thanks for the links to help me take this farther.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]