FORUMS: list search recent posts

Auto Focus Problems Thread -Juan Martinez can you comment

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
john lenihan
Auto Focus Problems Thread -Juan Martinez can you comment
on Aug 9, 2010 at 2:54:40 pm

I would like to start a thread just on focus issues.

I hope that we can help Juan Martinez, Sony Senior Product Manager improve this product by giving him precise feedback.

I also hope that Juan can help us understand the technology to learn how to deal with this problem until it is fixed.

1. Juan, Can you tell us how the autofocus system works? Does it use infrared to measure the distance, or prism and try to increase the contrast, or what?

2. What are the effects of glass or metal behind the subject? It seems to me that i there is a window behind the subject, the autofocus prefers to focus on the glass.

3. When in low light, or I turn the camera from person A to person B, I loose focus for a while. Does the camera start at infininity and hunt its way in to focus?

4. Here is an image of an outdoor wedding. Plenty of light, no windows. Subjects about 8 feet away. Why is the camera focusing on the tall grass way behind?
Thank You.

John Lenihan

LeniCam Video Productions

John Lenihan

http://www.lenicam.com

Return to posts index

Stephen Crye
Re: Auto Focus Problems Thread -Juan Martinez can you comment
on Nov 11, 2011 at 5:31:47 am

John, it is with bitter irony that I have found the thread you started over a year ago, unanswered. Had I found it before I bought the NX70, I might not have made that purchase.

Tomorrow I am sending my NX70 back for a refund. A big part of the problem is HORRIBLE auto-focus.

Tomorrow I plan to start a new thread with an open letter to Juan Martinez. I'll post a link to that letter here.

You are not alone!

Steve

Win7 Pro X64 on Dell T3400 MultiTB SATA 8 GB RAM Vegas 10e x64 DVDA 5.2 Sony HDR-CX550V

Return to posts index

john lenihan
on Nov 11, 2011 at 2:22:35 pm

Steve,

I must have started a second thread because I also had uploaded examples and feedback from sony techs saying that is as good as it gets.

I actually bough the nx70 and tried it out for a couple of days before sending it back. The nx5u is bad, but the nx70u is worse.

John Lenihan

John Lenihan

http://www.lenicamvideoproductions.com

Return to posts index

Stephen Crye
on Nov 11, 2011 at 8:03:07 pm

Hi John;

I just dropped the HXR-NX70U off at UPS. Sad, but at least a have closure (or will once the $$ come back :0 ) On various other forums, many, many people are reporting they are returning them for refund, then buying cams from the competition - Canon, JVC, Panny. Surely Sony realizes they have goofed! I would still consider the "NX75" if it fixes the problems, because if the darn thing would just work, it would be fine. I selected it based on the feature set, never dreaming it would be a buggy turkey of a camera.

Stand by for my open letter, will post in the Sony NXCAM forum.

Thanks for sharing my pain!

Steve

Win7 Pro X64 on Dell T3400 MultiTB SATA 8 GB RAM lots of big fast SATA drives. Vegas 10e x64 DVDA 5.2 build 133 Sony HDR-CX550V

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]