FORUMS: list search recent posts

New HXR-NX3 user - Duplicate files?

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Blanchard
New HXR-NX3 user - Duplicate files?
on Dec 11, 2015 at 10:41:40 pm

Hi I'm new to NXCAM coming from EX1. I have an HXR-NX3/1. I read that files are split and frames lost, however software exists to remedy this. I just did a test shoot/import to Premiere Pro CC 2015. I filmed a 16m clip, having read that the file splits after 10-11 mins.

I did see 2 files where I had recorded one. However this is not a beginning/end of the 16m that needed to be joined. It was a "near" duplicate. One (0003.mts) had 15m55s28ms and the other 0004.mts had 15m55s00ms

footage & audio seems ok. I'm just scratching my head as to why it made an almost dupe file. That's going to be slightly inconvenient if I send hours of footage to an editor. Anyone have any experience with this? ps - I was using 2 SDHC cards and recording to both simultaneously. Not sure if that is relevant.

Return to posts index

Arnoud Van der Laan
Re: New HXR-NX3 user - Duplicate files?
on Dec 27, 2015 at 10:40:51 am

Hi Michael,

Use Sony's play memories software that came with te camera to import the clips instead of reading the clips directly from the memory cards in your computer.

When you import your files directly from the memorycards the clips are split into multiple files. Sometimes audio is lost for a short duration on the boundary of two clips.

Importing longer clips with Play memories software will show only one clip when you make a recording of one hour for example.

Hope this will fix your problem.

Best regards,

Arnoud

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Jan 6, 2016 at 10:01:42 pm

Try this - copy memory card contents direct to hard drive, without using any Sony software. Copy ENTIRE contents of card, not just the video clips. You need all the folders as well!

If copying multiple cards, copy each to a unique folder, do not mix contents of multiple cards together!

Once all is copied to drive, import into Premiere using "Media Browser" which is normally tabbed at lower left of screen if not familiar with it.

When you have longer camera recordings that get split into multiple files on the card, importing as described above means that Premiere will import the many "spanned clips" as ONE long clip, without glitches. All seamless that way.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Michael Blanchard
on Jan 10, 2016 at 4:22:25 pm

Worked perfectly Jeff. Thanks very much!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]