FORUMS: list search recent posts

FS700 RAW 4K to Atomos Shogun

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kyle Remmenga
FS700 RAW 4K to Atomos Shogun
on Jul 16, 2015 at 12:21:43 am

I keep seeing that it's possible to do now, just no solutions as to how to actually pull it off.

Going SDI from the back everything is peachy until I switch camera into RAW mode, then it disappears and the Shogun is unable to retrieve signal. (It DOES read HDMI when I switch everything to RAW, but only at 1080 with 8 bit)

Camera output is set to RAW, record mode is set to RAW. Gone through everything I can find or think of as far as changing all the video format settings around on the FS700 and I have the Shogun set to ProRes HQ, though even with the DNx settings it's a bust.

The ONLY thing I can think of is in the 700's SDI/HDMI/Component settings I am given no option for anything above 1080p FX..... But how to change it? Hmmmmmm....

I am stuck.....

Anyone have any ideas?

Still stalking the web for a solution, but so far all results just talk about how it's now possible.

Firmwares are current on both the Atomos Shogun and the FS700.

Return to posts index

Dean Longfield
Re: FS700 RAW 4K to Atomos Shogun
on Sep 15, 2015 at 5:55:57 pm

Did you update the FS700 to the FS700R? (It costs $400 and needs to be done at a Sony service center). That activates the 4K capability, but only through the SDI Out, not the HDMI out. Right now the cheapest solution is the Odyssey 7Q, but then one has to purchase SSD cards and the Odyssey 7Q only uses proprietery SSD cards I believe....which are expensive.

That said, Sony just announced the PXW-FS5. 4K internal recording.
XDCAM line. $5,599 with out lens.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]