FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony HXR-NX1 or Panasonic AG-AC90

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Harshavardhan Bhat
Sony HXR-NX1 or Panasonic AG-AC90
on May 16, 2015 at 4:40:52 pm

I am in need of a new Video camera for weddings, events and to do documentaries on folklore. I think I can afford either a Panasonic AG-AC90A or Sony HXR-NX1 or the ones that fall in that price range such as the Panasonic AC-130A. The AC-90A is cheaper than the other two. It is easy to get reviews and sample shots on Sony NX3 or NX5 but not on NX1.

While doing Google search I found this on Panasonic. "The AC-130a shoots a better image out of the box; you have to tweak the AC90a's settings to make the video look decent. The AC90a is not as friendly of a camera to control manually; the AC130a works well in manual mode".

Which one would you recommend?

Thank you.

Return to posts index

john lenihan
Re: Sony HXR-NX1 or Panasonic AG-AC90
on May 16, 2015 at 8:49:43 pm

The nx 1 looks like an nx5 with some feature removed. I have been using nx5 for 6 years and my business depends on 4 of them working every day.

Since you are down to two possibilities, it will be a matter of your taste.

You have two options.
1. Rent both over a weekend and do as many tests as you can. Daylight, dimlight, etc.

2. Buy both from BH and test the them intensely over the weekend and then send one back.

John Lenihan

LeniCam Video Productions
http://www.lenicamvideoproductions.com

Return to posts index

Martin Curtis
Re: Sony HXR-NX1 or Panasonic AG-AC90
on May 25, 2015 at 12:05:54 am

Looks like the NX3 - it has the two rows of LED lights above the built-in mic. If so, I can vouch for the NX3's quality, and I bought it on the basis that it was similar to the rock-solid NX5.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]