FORUMS: list search recent posts

HXR-NX3. No audio. Period.

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Runquist
HXR-NX3. No audio. Period.
on Apr 21, 2015 at 3:06:13 am

So I've recently been using a client's NX3 for some interview footage. The camera's been great so far, but I've run into a giant issue.

The last interviews we shot consisted of the shotgun mic off the camera being used in both channels. We were recording in 1080/60p PS to an SD card. Now I used this camera for an earlier shoot a month ago with no issues, but this time around, there is no audio on any of the recorded files. I have files from the last shoot, and there is audio for those, so I know it's not a codec issue. I had headphones on while we were shooting and could hear and see the levels on the monitor.

I'm completely stumped. Does anyone have any experience with this? Am I missing something?

Return to posts index

john lenihan
Re: HXR-NX3. No audio. Period.
on Apr 21, 2015 at 1:45:35 pm

Here is my hypothesis.

It is recorded, but in a different format and you are not opening it. For instance, These cameras can record audio as ac3 or as lpcm. Many codecs assume that if the video is compressed as avc, then the audio has to be ac3. When you play back the file with these codecs, it won't read the audio.

Perhaps since last time you used it, someone changed the audio recording settings on the camera from ac3 to lpcm.

Bring it into your editing software. Most editing software is smart enough to read the audio even if it is lpcm. If it doesn't look around for a plug in.

John

John Lenihan

LeniCam Video Productions
http://www.lenicamvideoproductions.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]