FORUMS: list search recent posts

Camera will not restart

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Ironside
Camera will not restart
on Feb 9, 2015 at 2:00:39 pm

Hi all. I have been shooting for more years than I want to admit but this is a head scratcher. I have an NX5U and it has been working like a gem for me for three years. On Saturday, while shooting in very light snow, it suddenly decided not to restart after I had powered it down for a few minutes. The SONY screen came up, and then nothing. There was no image, or control interface, or meters. It was just a black screen. I have since left it on the AC charger for 24 hours, and I have removed, long-formatted, and reinserted the chips, but to no avail. Both mornings I turned it on, and it came up for a minute, but when I shut it down again to restart it went back to the black screen. I am thinking maybe there is a backup or system battery in the camera, to keep the clock going etc. when exchanging batteries, which would account for the one boot up each morning due to battery bounce back, but I can find no reference to it anywhere, and all indications are that an internal rechargeable battery draws from the camera batteries and AC adapter. Has anybody run into this? You can reach me directly at john@3bsolutions.ca. Thanks
John

Return to posts index

john lenihan
Re: Camera will not restart
on Feb 10, 2015 at 2:42:52 pm

There is a small internal battery that keeps the memory alive when the main battery is removed. My experience is that this dies at about 5 years and needs to go to the factory for repair.

However, the symptom you describe I have only experienced when I had a remote control device plugged into the lanc and the remote control was set for the camera to be shutdown. It would powerup, realize it is supposed to be shut down, then shut itself down.

Other than that, this sounds like a call to Sony tech support and most likely a trip to sony repair.

John

John Lenihan

LeniCam Video Productions
http://www.lenicamvideoproductions.com

Return to posts index

John Ironside
Re: Camera will not restart
on Feb 10, 2015 at 3:15:30 pm

Thanks for the feedback John. I was thinking it might be a button battery but I could find no reference to it in the manual or online. I have it scheduled to go into Sony repair tomorrow.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]